Part 8: Party

Ananya's POV

I was woken up by those damn nightmares again at 3 am. Can't they just leave me alone? They are the past I never want to relive. And they come again and again.

"Ugh",a frustrated sigh left my mouth.

I was in the balcony,looking at New York. The view was wonderful. I looked at the time. It was 3:30 am.

It must be 1:00 pm in India. I decided to call my family.

They were going to rejoin office but I doubt they did.

"Hello Niya.",I heard mom's voice.

"Hey mom.",I greeted her.

"Niya, it's 3:30 am there. Why are you awake??",I heard Shrey's disappointed voice,who probably snatched the phone from mom.

"Nice to see you care,Shrey.",I said, sarcastically.

"Niya,tell me why are you awake at this time??", I heard my dad's voice.

"So,all of you are together.", I said.

"Why are you awake Niya??",dad stressed,being a businessman, he never left a topic incomplete.

I sighed and told,"It's just..................",I hesitated before telling the truth,"....nightmares."

"You are having nightmares again,Niya. I told you not to stress yourself.",mom said through the phone.

"Mom,I...",I tried to say.

She cut me off again and said sternly,
"Niya,promise me that you will not stress yourself."

"Mom,I...don't...",I tried again.

"Promise me,Niya.",she said.

"Fine",I sighed,"I promise."

"That's like my good girl.",she said, happily.

We all talked a little and then she cut the call, saying that I needed to sleep.

It was 4 am now. I decided to sleep again and I was asleep at nearly 4:30 am.

When I woke up,it was 9:30 am. Shit,I missed my workout.

My husband was leaving for office when I woke up. I bet he thinks that I am a very big sleepyhead.

I walked out of my room in my pajamas and he was there in a business suit.

He looked at my clothes and scowled,
"You are supposed to wake up early here."

"You don't own me.",I glared at him.

"But I own this house.",he smirked.

"If I want,I can move out of this house without batting an eyelid. Didn't I tell you I have six houses here?? I stay here only for my company and your parents. They think we have a happy and healthy relationship.",I rolled my eyes.

"You know what,I don't want to argue with you. There is a party tonight here for our marriage. Be ready.",he said.

"Ok. Listen,can I invite my friends for the party??",I asked.

He just nodded in response.

He left for the office.

I got ready. I wanted to go to office today to look at the office and my cabin. But since I was late,I won't go to office today. I will go tomorrow.

What to do now? I am bored. How about calling Shanaya? Yeah,I have to inform them about the party and I have to tell her something.

I called her,she picked up on the third ring. She is a big sleepy head,I tell you. She also has problem with my workout.