Part 30: Account for Something

Ananya's POV

I entered my cabin, turning around to order Mary, "Bring me my coffee. Send Rohit to my cabin right now. Who has prepared the presentation for the project?"

I needed to do everything as fast as possible.

And everytime, two heads were better than one. Furthermore, Rohit's experience could probably help me more than I thought it could.

"I think Aubrey did it, ma'am."

"Check the presentation thoroughly, there must not be any mistakes. And in no way should there be any statement which offends their countries. Or them by any extent. Mail it to me right now before checking it."

Men from Middle East were proud people who could not tolerate a single bad remark about their nations.

They also favoured men a lot more than women which was the reason I was so tensed.

If they spotted even a single mistake, they would blame it on me, as I was the head of the project and it would directly affect Oberoi Industries.

If it had been Rohit instead of me, then they would not check it so deeply but according to them, women belonged in the inner rooms and corners of their house, and raised their eyebrows at every woman who dared to raise her voice.

Since my preparation time of 90 minutes had been reduced to 15 minutes, I needed as many hands and brains there were available on this.

I sat down on my chair, grabbing the file of the project to look at it again.

Mary was back with my coffee, she kept it on the table, telling me,

"Rohit sir is coming in 5 minutes, ma'am, do you need any help?"

"Yeah. What's my schedule after that?"

"Assuming the online discussion ends in 3 and a half hours, you will be free around 3:40. After that, there is the usual meeting at 4."

"Okay. Cancel the meeting at 4. I have to go out at 5. I will be back in about an hour. Are you free to work overtime today?"

"Yes ma'am.", she nodded.

"Good. Did you contact the investors to know whether they are still coming today?"

"Yes, at 10 a.m., their translator said they would be leaving at 10:30 a.m."

"Where are they staying? And how many people are there?"

"They will need around 20 minutes to get here, ma'am, if the traffic co-operates. There are five people, all men."

Of fucking course, all men.

"So, we atleast have about half an hour before they arrive. You check the presentation thoroughly in 10 minutes, and then join us here. Check if all the details are correct. Also, take this project file, make seven xerox copies of it in color and send them here in the next five minutes. Why is Rohit not here yet?"

"He will be here in a few moments. Anything else, ma'am?"

"Make sure the order of the information on the presentation is the same as in the files. Send the original file here as soon as at least one is xeroxed."

Mary then left.

I heard a knock on my door and I guessed it would be Rohit so I just muttered a "Come in."

"Why did you need me so urgently?", Rohit said, taking a seat in front of me.

"What took you so long?", I shot a cold glance at him.