part 12

Inside Zubia's room

Aaj pura din inko na dekha na awaz suni...kal raat to bara Jaan Jaan ker rahe the koi apni Jaan ko bhala is tarah ignore kerta hai... hmmmppphhh.

She tried to sleep but was unable as now fear started gripping her heart kahin inko kuch ho to nahi gaya as he has not returned home and now it was 12 o clock and I can't ask anyone about him agar koi puchega kyu puch rahi hu to mai kya jawab dungi.....Ya Allah please inko her musibat se bacha ke ghar bakhair o afiyat le aaye.... She was lying on her bed but her ears and heart were waiting for sound of his car horn.. .

When another half an hour passed she couldn't control herself and called him. But he didn't recieve her call

Zubia : Asfi please call recieve kerye she said with tears in her eyes.

Even her plead didn't help her and she didn't knew but why him not answering her call made her cry badly as a result she cried herself to sleep.....

Next morning

Gaiti enters with her morning tea  : Zubia uthye

Zubia  : Assalam o alaikum warehmatullahi wabarakatuhu.... she picked her mobile to check if Asfi has called her or not seeing no missed call she becomes sad.

Gaiti : Walaikum assalam... tumhari aankhein suji suji kyu hain.

Zubia : kuch nahi bus kal raat theek se neend nahi aaye. Looking at Gaiti's worried expression she said actually mai din me kafi so chuki thi and secondly naye jagah per jaldi neend nahi aati.

Zubia dials Asfi's number but again no response

Hearing her reply Gaiti relaxed a bit and said chalo phir aaj ka kya plan hai aaj bhi sona hai ya kuch gappe shappe bhi mari jaengi.

Zubia : yaar mai aaj bilkul bhi is room me nahi rehna chahti hu.

Gaiti : ok jo hukum aap ka.

Both started laughing a loud hearing there laugh Fariyal came and trying to sound normal asked : ab tumhari tabiyat kaisi hai?

Zubia : bilkul theek...

Fariyal : matlab tum aaj apne hostel laut jaogi.

Gaiti : Fariyal tum ye kaisi baat ker rahi ho.

Fariyal : wo mai to yeh kehna chah eahi thi ki kahin wo theek hone ke baad jane ka plan to nahi ker rahi hai or wo hospital kab se join karegi

Gaiti said making irritated face: thanks you for your concern

Zubia remained silent for whole conversation as she was silently dialing Asfi's number and praying that he will pock her phone.

Turning to Zubia Gaiti asked aaj khud chal paogi ya phir wheel chair manga dun.

Nahi mai chal lungi : zubia

With this both moved towards dining room while Fariyal stood there cursing her.

Rest of the day kept on enjoying her day with the family and calling and messaging Asfi

In afternoon

Dr. Asfandyar checked his mobile after completing the surgery and was shocked to see such notification

 Asfandyar checked his mobile after completing the surgery and was shocked to see such notification

Looking at the screen he got scared and called nurse to know if all was ok with her.

Nurse : Assalam o alaikum

Dr. Asfandyar  : Walaikum assalam... How is Dr.  Zubia's now.

Nurse : unka leg to theek hai sir per

Dr. Asfandyar : per kya

Nurse : wo thori upset or gumsum si lag rahi hain.

Dr Asfandyar : ok... Keep me posted about her. Assalam o alaikum

Nurse : ji sir Walaikum assalam

I need to get back as soon as possible and check with my own eyes if she is ok or not.

In evening

Assalam o alaikum warehmatullahi wabarakatuhu said Asfi entering his house.

Walaikum assalam warehmatullahi wabarakatuhu replied Lubna, Fariyal and Usmaan.

aap itni jaldi lahore se aa gae asked Lubna.

Ji wo operation jaldi hogaya to mai wapas nikal liya...replied Asfi while he was thinking Kya batau aap ko aapki bahu ki missed call aur messages ki barsaat dekh ke operation khatam hote saath bhagte yahan aa gaya

Looking at nurse coming out of Zubia's room he asked.

Aap yahan kya ker rahi hain aap ki duty to Dr. Zubia ke pass lagae thi.

Nurse: Ji sir mai..

Before she could finish he heard another salaam and it was surely made him happy and bought calmness as he saw her walking properly without any pain.

Zubia came with Gaiti: Assalam o alaikum warehmatullahi wabarakatuhu... Maine Gaiti se request ki hai ki chai hum bahar hi sab ke saath piyenge please hum..... her words died as soon as her eyes landed on Asfi.

Lubna : bilkul hum bhi aap ko bulane wale the aaye.

Fariyal glares at her and her anger reaches another level aeeing Asfi completely lost in Zubia.

Dr. Asfandyar hiding his happiness behind his serious look : aap yahan kab aae (he asked looking at Zubia) aur mujh ko is bare me kuch pata kyun nahi hai(the last half he said glaring the nurse)

Nurse: sir wo mujhse aap humesha ma'am ki tabiyat ke bare me puchte the to mai wo aap ko baat deti thi rahi baat yahan aane ki to mujhko laga ki Lubna ma'am ne aap ko inform ker diya hoga.

Dr Asfandyar : maine aap ko mujhko har baat report ker ne ke liye kaha tha.... Controlling his temper he continued anyways aap abhi jaye aur kal mujhse hospital me aa ke milye.

Nurse  : ji sir... Assalam o alaikum and leaves the house.

Asfi : mumma mai fresh ho ke aata hu.

Before going to his room he turned towards Fariyal and said : Sorry I wasn't able to receive your call as I busy in surgery and later to tired to talk. Hopefully you won't mind. Truth to be told he was busy reading  actually reading and re reading Zubia's messages ....

Fariyal : it's okay I understand and you don't need to be so formal with me.

Asfi : thank you dear.

Saying this he headed to his room behaving as if he has not seen Zubia's missed calls or messages. Seeing him like this bought tears to Zubia's eyes as she felt immense pain seeing him like this with Fariyal.