Chapter 34

Everything was silent in Jay's apartment as Skylor and Nya carefully helped Kai to his feet. You could hear a pin drop. Wendy stared at Kai in shock and horror at the news that the brunette was pregnant. Her brain was slowly connecting the dots to the accusations of rape and the pregnancy and she quickly realized that this baby may be her grandchild. Jay's eyes nervously darted back and forth between Wendy and his friends, scared something else would happen.

"Is it true? Are you pregnant?" She finally asked, but Kai refused to look up from the ground.

"It's none of your business." He muttered, trembling slightly.

"You need to leave!" Nya snarled as she stepped forward, looking ready to smack Wendy across the face.

"Stop it Nya, you'll only make things worse!" Skylor warned.

"I can't believe you're doing this to us." Wendy whimpered to Kai and that was the final straw. Nya suddenly lunged at her just as Cole entered the apartment. He was just coming by to see how everyone was doing and was shocked to find Nya trying to claw a terrified Wendy's eyes out. After a moment of struggling, they managed to pull Nya off the woman, and Jay and Cole pulled her to her feet, intending to throw her out.

"Come on, out!" Cole grunted as he and Jay started to drag Wendy out.

"Is it Morro's?!" She desperately cried. "Will you just tell me the truth! Are you having his baby?!" She begged, but Kai said nothing as the two agents finally forced her out of Jay's apartment and down the stairs.

"Get lost!" Cole shouted as they finally reached the ground floor and pushed her out the door.

"You want to be locked up!" Jay added angrily. Wendy glared at them but said nothing as she walked away...

****************

As soon as Wendy was gone, Jay called the landlord to report Wendy for trespassing. They all had to travel to the landlord's house in the middle of the city to explain what happened but once again, he wasn't helpful. He said that since Jay had let her in, she wasn't technically trespassing so he couldn't press charges. The best he could do was tell them to take the matter to the police and file a restraining order if she kept coming back. As they walked to the apartment, Skylor couldn't help but feel guilty for what happened.

"It's all my fault, I just panicked when you fell." She explained when felt like the hundredth time.

"It's done now, so stop blaming yourself," Kai assured her.

"I can't believe she had the nerve to come back here." Cole frowned.

"You should have let me hit her," Nya growled.

"What good would that have done?" Jay snapped at her as they reached the apartment building.

"I thought I'd be stronger." Kai sighed. "It just couldn't get the words out."

"It doesn't matter now, she's gone." Cole smiled, but that quickly faded when a black car pulled up next up to them. They all watched in disbelief as Wendy got out of the car and jogged over to the group.

"I haven't come back for a right and I really don't want any trouble! I just need to know the truth!" She cried in desperation. Kai rolled his eyes in frustration as he walked past her, intending to walk inside and forget about her, but what she said next made his blood boil. "Look, I don't know what's happened between you and Morro."

"Yes, you do!" He snarled.

"How long were you going to keep it a secret?"

"It's not a secret!" He denied.