He Left 'Cause I Told Him The Truth

Not too long after the ride from the hospital, we finally arrive at Grace's house.
Usually there are two cars parked in front of Grace's place. Grace's car and Chester's, but I saw no sign of Chester's car.
That's odd, I think to myself.

Grace turns the car off and gets out grabbing her bag. After I get out she locks her car doors and walks up to the front door of her house and unlocks it, me following behind.

"You can go sit on the couch. I'll make you some tea." Grace offers as she closes the door, locking it and putting her bag down on the floor.

"Sounds good. Thank you."

She nods and walks into the kitchen and I walk into the living room. I walk around the room and notice that it feels a little more empty than usual. I walk over to the shelves that Grace usually has pictures of her and Chester and of course a few of her, Mamrie and I, but the pictures of her and Chester are nowhere to be seen.
Now I'm really confused.

"Grace?" I call out, just loud enough for her to hear me.

"Yeah?"

"Where's Chester?" I ask as I sit myself on the couch.
I wait for her to respond to my question but I get nothing.

After a few minutes pass, Grace walks over with two cups of tea in her hand. She hands me a cup and I take it from her. She sits down at the other end of the couch and we both face eachother sitting cross legged.

"How's your headache?"

"It's alright. It's pretty much gone now."

"That's good. Can I get you anything else?" She asks while setting her tea down on the coffee table next to us.

"I just want you to answer my questions." I say in a non harsh way which probably sounded harsh anyway.

"Well uhm.." She pauses and looks down and plays with her thumbs.

"Grace, is everything okay? What happened?"

"Hannah let's just worry about you feeling better right now, okay? I'm fine, I really am." She says looking back up at me, but I can tell she's lying by the tears she's trying to hold back and the small smile she's faking.

"Grace, bullshit! You're not fine, and we can worry about me later if we really have to. Now please, just tell me what's going on." I must have sounded pretty intimidating because the small smile on Grace's face dropped and she looked a slightly bit shocked by what I said and how I said it. I didn't mean for it to sound rude at all, but I'm just tired of her changing the subject when I want to talk about something.

"He's gone." Gone?

"What do you mean, 'He's gone.'?"

"He left." He left? "He uhm... I uh... I told him about what happened that night after the party and that we kissed and h-he told me to promise him something. To promise him that it would never happen again, but I told him I couldn't promise him that because I love you." She started talking really fast and I could see some tears falling down her cheeks, but I don't think she noticed.
I put my tea down and cup my hands on her cheeks wiping away her tears.

"Gracie..." I say in a soft and quiet tone. I let go of her face and she looks up at me.

"I found you Hannah. I tried calling you back but it kept going to voicemail so I came over and I walked in and I found you. The glass shattered on the floor that was near you and a pillow covering your face."

"Grace, ohmygod I'm so sor--"

"I love you, Han. I have for a long time, but just like you, I didn't want to screw what great friendship we have. I was afraid of screwing things up when in fact, I just need to come to the fact that I already have screwed things up. I screw a lot of things up Hannah, and I hurt you. I never meant to hurt you." She says with even more tears coming down her face.

I grab Grace and hug her tightly. I admit I felt like crying too, but I didn't want Grace to cry more than she already was.

"Shhhh, Grace. I'm okay. I'm fine. See?" I let go and open my arms wide. "I'm still in one piece!" I smile a little to try and lighten the mood a bit and it somewhat works when I get a smile from Grace.
Grace hugs me tight and I hug her back.

"How about we pick a movie or something to watch on Netflix and cuddle and drink tea?" I ask and she looks up at me smiling her gorgeous soft smile.

"I would love that."

She then sits up a bit to meet her lips with mine for the second time.