Part 1

Divya rushed to the terrace as soon as she heard the thunder scattering. The dusky sky was already overcast with dark clouds. It's going to rain...

Within no time Divya picked up the cloths that held for drying. She quickly finished her job and looked down at the street, where a bunch of kids still playing cricket ignoring the weather. Suddenly her eyes wandered around to catch a familiar face across the street, though she knows she can't find it there. Anymore... Divya ran back inside when the first drop of rain fell on her. She remembered once she loved the rainy days as much as she hates them now. She even built an inner courtyard in her house to watch the rain inside. Now it brings back all the memories that she had been trying to forget in all these years. His memories... Divya could see her whole life is reflecting inside those raindrops. She strongly believed that rain has some mystic power to change her life in all possible ways.

Divya, come down for tea... Your grandma is making 'pazhampori '( A snack made of banana)

Divya drifted away from her thoughts by her mother's voice. She carelessly placed the pile of clothes on her bed and went downstairs. The whole family was seated on the veranda enjoying the tea with hot snacks.

Rain, tea, and an old romantic song... what a deadly combination!!! Isn't Divya?

Once again he knocked at her memory lane. Why does our brain always connect with things

which we want to forget... Divya mumbled to herself and took the teacup. She sat around a corner and observed her family. They are all engrossed in her cousin's wedding planning which made Divya come home after 3 years.

We will have to finish all the rituals and functions within one week. Gayathri and Jayesh have to leave for the US you know... Jayesh's whole family is settled there... all of them are in great positions...

Gayathri's mother kept telling about her daughter's future in-laws. Divya rolled her eyes when she heard the same thing for the nth time. That women never leave a chance to mock Divya's life in front of everyone but her words don't affect her anymore. She got used to that kind of disrespect.

Divya Chechi(elder sister).. what are you wearing for the reception? Gayathri, Divya's younger cousin and bride-to-be asked.

I won't be there for the reception dear... I'll leave right after the wedding. Divya said.

What do you mean Divya? This is a family function. You may don't value it Divya ..but at least why can't you be happy for your sister? Said Divya's grandfather.

The accusation hit her harder than she imagined. Are they really thinking that she is jealous of her sister's grand wedding? Before she could react to that statement she heard her father saying;

It's nothing like that father...Divya doesn't have that much leave...

Divya hated her father's response. Why can't her parents raise their voices against the people who are judging their daughter? They never stood by her side. All they could do is neutralize the situation just like her father did right now.

If I haven't care about my sister's happiness, I wouldn't be here grandpa...But I've got my own life to take care of... And you don't have to worry about my values and virtues... Divya snapped back, earning all the unwanted attention from the people. She didn't have the patience to watch the drama anymore. Her phone rang right at that moment for which she couldn't thank better.

Divya returned to her room after attending the call. It was from her office.

Why did you do this to me Sidharth? why did you turn my life into a joke? My own family doesn't respect me anymore... I became a stranger to them, because of you. Is this what I deserve for loving you unconditionally? I made a huge mistake Sidharth...I wish I never had you in my life...

A lone tear escaped from Divya's eyes. She hated herself for being weak and vulnerable. She is not as strong or confident as she portrayed her outside. Divya knows that she is not herself now and she loathed it. She took a deep sigh and went near the balcony. It was still raining...

********************

Thank You for reading