Part 11

November 2013

When are you going to come home Siddharth? Have you even checked the time?

Divya scolded angrily as soon as Siddharth picked up the call from the other end. Siddharth looked at the clock which was showing past 12:30. He mentally slapped himself and started to pack his things.

Hey, I'm sorry... I was busy and didn't notice the time... I will reach in 30 minutes Divya...

Siddharth said while coming out of his office. Divya cut the call and sighed. She went near the window and stared into the darkness. It's been 6 months since they got married. After the fight happened at her home, Divya was disowned by her family. She had to choose between her family and love. And she chose him. It was the toughest decision she had ever made in her entire life. She loved her family dearly but couldn't give up her Siddharth for the baseless reasons her family had pointed out against him. Everything happened fast after that. Siddharth's family was in utter shock when she came to his house with him that day. They never imagined such a situation and got scared. Divya remembered how tightly she clutched Siddharth's hand when he narrated everything to his mother and sister. Even though they accepted her, they kept a distance from her. After 3 days, Divya and Siddharth were married in the temple. It was the most unexpected moment in their life. It was the day Divya didn't know, she should be happy or sad. But it was sure that it was not the way she wanted. She didn't have big wedding dreams but she wanted to have it with everyone's blessings. The same day Siddharth left for Bangalore as some emergency came up in his office. He started his own IT firm recently for which he had given his sweat and blood. Siddharth promised Divya that they would figure out the things once he comes back. Divya also decided she should go back to Mumbai as she took so many leaves from the office. Both of them were back to their respective cities but this time with wedlock. Divya drifted away from thoughts as she heard the sound of Siddharth's bike. Time was 1:15.

Why didn't you sleep?

Siddharth asked while loosening his tie and threw his bag on the sofa. She ignored him and went straight to the kitchen. Siddharth followed her and sat on the kitchen counter.

Divya I'm sorry...I was so busy today... please don't be mad at me now.

He said with a exhausted look in his eyes.

This is what you've been telling me for the past 5 months...

Divya said while placing the dinner on the table and started eating.

Why can't you eat before? How many times did I tell you not to wait for me?

Siddharth said while serving the food for himself. 

Hello, Mr., for your information, this is my second dinner and I'm done waiting for you.

Divya said concentrating on her food. Siddharth smiled at her and continued to eat in silence. Once they settled themselves in bed Siddharth wrapped his arm around her.

I missed this... 

He said cuddling more to her. Divya placed her head on his shoulders but remained silent.

Please say something...are you still angry?

Do you regret our marriage Siddharth?

Divya asked suddenly. Siddharth looked at her in confusion.

What?? No... Never.. why did you ask?

No... I just asked...

Divya closed her eyes and turned to other side. Siddharth got annoyed by that and pulled her towards himself. 

Wait...Why would you ask that? Do you regret marrying me?

He asked looking straight into her eyes. Divya paused for a second then said.

You're the best thing that ever happened to me... Now I don't have anyone except you...and I feel like you are also going distant from me. I know that you're working hard for us...but I don't know why I'm so scared...

Divya's eyes were moistened. Siddharth wiped her tears and kissed her on the forehead. 

I'm sorry Divu...it's my fault. I should have spent time with you. I'm such an idiot...

Siddharth cupped her face and said.

Talk to me Divya... Don't keep everything to yourself.

Divya nodded and smiled at him. She moved closer to him and cuddled before drifting into a deep sleep.

March 2014

Divya...where are you?

Siddharth screamed as soon as he barged into their bedroom.

What is it Siddharth? Why are you shouting?

Divya said, coming out from the washroom. Within no time Siddharth hugged her tightly and twirled her around.

Divya said laughing.

You won't believe this... We got our first big deal... Guess what's the price?

Siddharth said with a huge smile on his face. 

How would I know that? Maybe 3 lakh or something?

Divya told her guessing while looking at his excited face. Siddharth laughed at her and hugged her again.

Stop laughing and tell me the actual price? 

Divya pouted.

5 crores...it's 5 freaking crores Divya... Can you believe it? 

Siddharth said and waited for her reaction. Divya was numb for a while then she screamed. 

Oh my God, Siddharth...that is so big...you did it!!!

Divya literally jumped on him and both of them fell down in the bed laughing.

You're really great Siddharth... You deserve this... I'm very proud of you.

She said kissing him on his cheeks. Both of them had tears in their eyes.

I'm still in that shock Divya...You know, from where I came, this is something unimaginable. I can't believe that I'm a millionaire now...

Siddharth said wiping his tears...

And you trusted me with your life Divya, I would achieve everything for you... Thank you for being with me...

I love you Siddharth... I'll always love you...

Divya said with a bright smile.  A genuine smile. Their life seemed to be so perfect at that moment.