Part 12

December 2014

How much time will you take?

Siddharth shouted impatiently from the patio of their newly built bungalow.

Just a minute... I'm ready.

Divya came out of the house, in her beautiful attire which made his heart skip a beat. She was nicely draped in a gorgeous black Saree, her long wavy hair left opened and the light makeup with minimal accessories gave her a simple yet elegant look.

You look beautiful!

Siddharth said while opening the car door for Divya to which Divya smiled brightly.

Thank god at least you noticed me today.

Soon they started off their journey to the venue, where Siddharth was going to get the entrepreneur of the year award. It was a proud moment for both of them. Siddharth worked so hard in the last two years to build his IT company. And today he was getting the reward.

The award function went really well. Divya had tears in her eyes when Siddharth's name was announced. 

This award is very special for me... I started my firm from scratch a couple of years ago. I was just a middle-class guy with big dreams. No one believed in me except my wife...

Siddharth paused for a moment and smiled at Divya who was sitting alone in a corner.

...there were hard times for us. All we did was, kept trusting in our abilities and moved forward...I would like to thank my family, friends, staff, and everyone who supported me throughout my journey. Without you, I wouldn't be here... Thank you...

Siddharth ended his speech teary-eyed. That night was memorable. Once they reached home, Divya placed the trophy in their showcase.

I'm so proud of you...

She tightly hugged him. Siddharth's mother and sister called him and congratulated him. Sneha was studying medicine in Delhi. Siddharth and Divya wanted his mother to stay with them in Bangalore. But Mrs.Sindhu couldn't stay away from her native place. Siddharth visited her once in three months. Divya visited frequently as she was renovating their old house. The sad thing was that Divya's family never accepted them yet. Whenever she visited the place, she wished to meet them. But it seemed like everyone forgot her existence.Divya walked to the poolside and sat on a bench. She was in deep thoughts when Siddharth joined her with two cups of coffee.

Tired? 

He asked while passing her the Divya nodded yes and took the cup. She closed her eyes and leaned to his shoulders.

I'm pregnant...

Divya whispered.

What??

Siddharth pulled her away and stared into her eyes in surprise. His hand unknowingly caressed her stomach. Divya gave a small smile and nodded.

That's great Divya... when did you know? Why didn't you tell me before?

I got to know today only. It's two months...

Divya again leaned to his shoulders.

Wow... I can't believe we're going to be parents... I'm so happy.

Siddharth said in excitement. He hugged her closer.

Divya, what's wrong? Aren't you happy? He frowned seeing her plain face.

I'm happy Siddharth... It's just that I'm very scared... I don't know how to manage everything by myself...

She said.

Look at me now.

Siddharth raised her chin towards his face.

I know, the past two years had been very difficult for us... You've sacrificed so much for me. This is my turn now... I'll take good care of you... You're not alone...We're together in this.

Siddharth said with an assuring smile.

******

April 2016

Everything was going smooth in Siddharth's life. Rise in business, winning awards, lovely family. He became the talk in town. His life changed so much in these years. When he looked back, it was a long beautiful journey. It was their third wedding anniversary so he had to come home early.

Chaaru, don't run around...

Siddharth was welcomed by the sight of his one and half year baby in a fluffy white frock running around the house and his wife was having a tough time chasing her. The baby rushed to Siddharth as soon as she saw him.

Why are you running Chaaru baby?

Siddharth said picking up the baby. Chaaru giggled and blinked her eyes. Chaaru was her father's copy. She was the little bundle of joy in their life.

Thank god you're here Siddharth... I'm so tired of running after her.

Divya said catching up with her breath. Siddharth chuckled.

Are you ready? Let's go

Siddharth asked.

Amma is ready..let's go

Chaaru said in her baby voice. Siddharth smiled and kissed her cheeks. Soon they left home for the anniversary celebration. It was nothing big just a family dinner.

How's the place? 

Siddharth asked once they settled in a expensive fancy restaurant.

It's Good...but I would prefer our old Sunday restaurant over this...I really miss those times Siddharth...

Divya said while adjusting Charu's frock.

Well...we can't go there now...I don't want to lose our privacy by staying out in public. Recently these media people are following me everywhere.

Siddharth said.

Sid...

A sweet female sound from behind caught their attention.

To be continued...