Part 9

December 2011

It was past 8 in the evening. Everyone had left the office early dumbing their unfinished works to the hardworking intern in the office. Divya was helpless. It was Christmas Eve and she was sitting Infront of the computer instead of going to a Christmas party. She felt a slight headache forming, which she knew, would turn into a sharp migraine if she didn't stop working. Within 10 minutes Divya wrapped up her works and exited the office. Her apartment was just 5 mins walk from her office. That was when she checked her phone to find a lot of missed calls from her favorite person. Within no time Divya called back, expecting a shout.

Where the hell are you Divya...?

Siddharth screamed from the other end as soon as he picked up the call.I'm so sorry Siddharth, I was in the office and I just reached the flat now and my phone was silent...

Divya quickly entered the lift while talking. When the lift opened on her floor, Divya surprised to see Siddharth who was standing in front of her home with an angry face.

Omg... Siddharth are you really here...!!

Divya ran to Siddharth and gave him a tight hug. Siddharth pulled her away and glared at her.

I'm really sorry Siddharth... Everyone in the office left early today...and I'd to finish their reports...

Divya said making a sorry face which melted Siddharth. He moved closer to her and pulled her in an embrace.

Divya.. you don't know how much I was worried... I'd been in trying to call you for the past one hour. I thought you'd be at home but when I reached here, it's closed... I didn't even know any of your colleagues to ask about you... You really scared me Divya... Don't do that again...

No, I won't... I'm really very sorry...

Divya mumbled against his chest.

Will you invite me inside or should we stand here itself...

Siddharth asked without breaking the hug. Divya parted herself from him and opened the door.

You didn't tell me, that you're coming today?

It was not the first time Siddharth visiting her... It was a surprise visit he planned last night.

Yeah, it was supposed to be a surprise...

Siddharth said settling himself on the couch, pulling Divya into his lap. Divya touched her forehead with him while her hands encircled around his neck. They remained like that forever.

I really missed this... Divya said.

Me too...that's why I planned this sudden visit... I can't stay away from you Divya...