Part 14

I've made a mistake Divya...

Siddharth said. Divya's heart raced. Her eyes were bloodshot.

What did you do?

Divya asked while gathering all her strength. She felt like she would collapse at any time. Siddharth couldn't utter a word seeing the look on her face.

Are you deaf?can't you hear what I asked? 

Divya shouted. She never yelled at him like that before. Siddharth remained silent unable to meet her eyes.

Say that you didn't cheat on me Siddharth..please

Divya begged, clutching into his shirt.

I didn't mean to... I'm so sorry...

Siddharth said finally. Divya slowly detached herself from his tight hold.

Divya please...listen...I love you...

Don't say it...

Divya stormed into her room and shut the door behind. Siddharth stood there like a stone. He knew his life changed at that moment. He ruined everything he had. Their life...He couldn't believe that he actually betrayed his wife. It was his mistake. The biggest mistake he had ever made. He couldn't even blame the girl, who is none other than Ms. Rashi Shetty. She was in love with him but he wasn't. Yet he committed this mistake. He was drunk and not in his senses but that couldn't justify his deeds. He regretted the moment he went to that party. He regretted drinking that damn liquid. He regretted whatever he had done after that. Siddharth collapsed on the ground crying. On the other side of the wall, Divya was staring at her sleeping daughter. She was determined. That's the end...The next morning, when Siddharth woke up, Divya was long gone with charu. His heart sank when he read that note left behind.

It's a goodbye Siddharth...I wish I could trust you with my life again... But I can't...

Divya

Siddharth cried out like a mad person. He knew it's over...he lost them... forever...

He was on the floors for hours. All their happy moments were flashing before his eyes. Siddharth sat there, staring at the marble floor, devastated.

Sid...

Siddharth raised his eyes to meet the person who approached him. It was Rashi. He looked away in disgust.

Sid, I'm sorry...

Siddharth cut her in between and said. 

Don't say anything... Whatever happened between us was a mistake and it cost me my family and please leave me alone.

Did you tell Divya?

Yes. And she's gone with our child and I lost my life.

Siddharth said.

Are you blaming me alone this, Sid?

Rashi asked. She had tears in her eyes. 

No... I blame myself. I blame myself for coming to your party and I blame myself for drinking...

Siddharth said in regret. 

Even I  was drunk Sid, I don't know what happened and I'm guilty. I knew how much you love Divya...

Rashi cried. Siddharth closed his eyes and stood up from the floor.

Rashi... you're a nice girl and I knew that you're attracted to me...I want you to know that I love only my wife though she's gone now. Please forget about that night and move on. I hope you'll find someone in your life.

Rashi smiled and said. 

And I hope you'll reunite with Divya...may God forgive us for causing her so much pain.

Rashi walked away wiping her tears. She wasn't a rich spoilt girl intended to be a homewrecker. She liked Siddharth and unknowingly fallen for him. Rashi never expected him to reciprocate her feelings. But somehow her unrequited love caused a betrayal, destroyed a family. Rashi prayed things will get fine with Siddharth very soon.

 Siddharth went to the balcony and watched the rain outside with a small hope in his heart.