Part 15

PRESENT

December 2018

Divya Chechi, I'm sorry for whatever happened downstairs...

Divya drifted away from her painful memories when Gayathri knocked at her door. She was standing there at the entrance with a sad face.

Come in Gayu, why are you standing there...

Divya invited her in. Gayathri sat down on a couch.

You don't need to apologize to me Gayu... you're my little sister.Divya smiled and continued.

I'm an outsider now... Everyone treats me like I don't belong here anymore... They all want to make me guilty in which they've succeeded well...

Divya stared into the darkness.

Can I ask you, something sister?

Gayathri said. Divya looked at her and nodded.

You haven't said anything about your separation...Why haven't you moved on yet? Does it still hurt you?

Divya smiled feebly.

I still don't understand the concept of moving on... You can't erase the memories and pretend nothing happened. It will be with you as long as you want to keep it. I always thought I had a wonderful love story...but then life happens...

Divya paused for a while and continued.

Yes....it hurts Gayu... It hurts a lot. But I can't stop living. I've to take care of my child... She is the only source of happiness for me.

Why didn't you take her with you? I would like to meet Charu...Gayathri pouted.

Honestly, I don't want my daughter to go through the same hatred I receive here...She is fine there in LA.

Divya shrugged and replied.

Does she know about her Dad? He ever tried to contact you?

No...We never met after I left the home. He never tried to contact me or Charu. Even his family kind of disappeared. And I also moved to the US at that time... So I don't know...

Divya sighed. A part of her wanted to know about his whereabouts. She was hurt that he didn't even care about Charu after that day. How can a person change so much!!Gayathri looked at her poor cousin with a sad face. She always thought that Divya was really bold as she was the first girl in their family to have a love marriage. She used to argue with her parents, every time they badmouthed about Divya. But at last, it turned out to be exactly like her mother had predicted Divya's life. It was unfortunate and sad.

Gayathri said goodnight and left Divya alone, once again with memories. Her phone rang. It was Charu. Divya's heart melted seeing her daughter's face. She smiles like Siddharth. She got his dimples as well. Divya chatted with Charu for some time and went to sleep. She felt good after opening up with Gayathri. She never talked about it to anyone before. Her thoughts directed again towards Siddharth. Why did he leave like that? Divya took her phone and typed.

"Siddharth Krishna, software Engineer"

Google results didn't help her. It was showing the same results as 3 years before.

"Siddharth Krishna has to sell his Company to Rajesh Shetty after facing a huge loss in the market."

That was the last news of him on the internet. Divya closed her eyes in frustration. In these 3 years, there hasn't been a single day passed without thinking of him. She wondered what happened to him. But their distance made her anxiety somewhat lower. But after reaching India, Divya lost her patience level. She wanted to know what happened to Siddharth and his family. Why exactly he didn't wish to see his daughter?Divya couldn't handle her clouding worries anymore. She determined to find answers for her own peace of mind.

The next morning, Divya left for Bangalore, where her missing pages lie.