Chapter 2

For the past few days, the image of that new girl, Amity, has been stuck on Luz's head. For some reason she just can't shake of the thought that she looks so familiar. Have they met somewhere before? One afternoon, Luz decided to go clear her head in the forest.

"I'm going to the forest, Mama Eda!" Luz yelled out to Eda.

"Wait, kid. I think you shouldn't go today." Eda stops her. She looked worried.

"Why?"

"There have been sightings lately."

"Of what, the 'Bat Queen'?"

"No. Worse. Werewolves."

"Really?"

Eda sighed. "Look kid, I know this sounds ridiculous, but trust me, there are things in the forest that you've never seen. Things far more dangerous than the ones you've met. And there haven't been any sightings for the last 20 years."

"Right." Luz said, still not believing her foster mother's story. "Well, I'm going anyways. I can protect myself, Eda."

"(Sigh) Fine. But bring these with you." She hands Luz a red cloak and a pocket knife.

"Eda, I'm going to the forest for a walk. Not a for a witch hunt."

"Just bring these with you. They always protects me and now they're gonna protect you. Please."

"...Okay."

Eda puts the knife in Luz's pockets and wraps the cloak around her shoulders. She then kisses her forehead.

"Be careful, kid."

"Don't worry, I will."

Luz waves her goodbye and took off. Luz suddenly feels nervous. Eda rarely ever worries about her that much. And she looks scared. The thing is : nothing scares Eda. Whatever this thing is it's something Eda thinks worth worrying about.

When Luz reached the forest she forgets about all of those. Whenever Luz is in the forest she always feels like she's in a trance. Like she's at peace. The forest is like her little safe haven just for her.

She's about 10 minutes into her walk. She's already in the deeper parts of the forest, when suddenly she hears a rustle. She looked at where the soundd was coming from. Nothing's there. Not to long later, she hears noises from above. She looked up. Nothing's there. She didn't see them she doesn't know what it is or what they are but something's clear : She's being followed.

She starts to panic. Her hand subconsciously reaches for the knife in her pocket. She's now standing in a clearing. In the middle is a big apple tree. One of her favorite spots in the forest. She decided to rest up under the tree but when she comes closer she noticed someone sitting on one of the branches. They didn't notice her coming.

"Hello?" Luz called.

The person was she surprised that they almost fell off the tree. It was a girl. The one particular girl Luz has been thinking about. When Luz calls out to her she yells in surprise.

"Hey...you're Amity, right? Sorry for scaring you. I didn't think anyone else would be here."

Amity jumps down from the tree. She refuses to make eye contact with Luz. Her short hair that's partially dyed green waves beautifully as it was swept by the breeze.

"It's okay. Although I wasn't expecting anyone to come either." She said quitely. And it might be the setting sun playing tricks but is she blushing?

"I'm Luz, by the way. Luz Noceda." Luz stretches her hand out.

Amity slowly reaches out for it.

"I'm Amity Blight."

However she didn't let go of her hand. After a few minutes of silence the awkwardness starts to creep into both of them.

"Uhh, I'm gonna need my hand back eventually." Luz tries to break the awkwardness.

"Right! Uhh, sorry." Amity lets go of Luz's hand, albeit reluctantly.

"So...you're new around here?" Luz asked.

"You could say that I guess. I've been here before but I'm still considerably new."

"Oh. You used to visit a family member here?"

"Uhh, yeah. My, uhh, aunt. I live with her now."

"Cool."

The awkward silence is, well, awkward.

"...I'll be off then." Amity takes of. She starts walking towards the forest's exit when Luz noticed something.

"Hey, you're limping."

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I had a, uhh, accident recently." She lifts her pant leg revealing her bandaged left leg.

"Oh, that sucks. Get well soon!"

Amity blushed and nods. She then proceeds to leave Luz alone under the tree.

Luz sighs. "What a girl." She said to herself. "Wait, what? No. We just met. Don't think like that."

She then sits under the tree. Thinking hard about the same thing. Where has she seen Amity Blight before? At a glance it's like they just met a few days a go. But it also feels to her like they've known each other. Or they've at least met somewhere before.

"Ugh, it's pointless." Luz gets up to leave. But before she takes a step she heard a noise above her. She looks up an noticed a tail.

The thing that made the noise jumped down. It turned out to be...Amity? Luz was so surprised that she can't even say anything. It's undeniable that the figure standing in front of her is Amity. But she seemed to have grown a pair of wolf-like ears and a bushy tail. She just stood there, staring square into Luz's eyes. Luz felt herself starting to blush.

 Luz felt herself starting to blush

Artist : @charliiza (Instagram)

"I knew it. It is you...The girl who saved me."

"Huh...?"