Chapter 11

Luz and Amity checked the cameras once again to make sure that the masked men are indeed gone. Once they did that, Luz unlocked the door with her handprint on a similar panel from the inside. The door opens revealing a line of hanged clothes. Luz and Amity came out of the closet (Gay-pun intended) and goes to their rooms to prepare for the journey ahead.

Luz packed just a little extra of what she always brings trekking with her. Some extra food, water supply, spare clothes, sleeping bags just in case, and a first aid kit box all stuffed in a backpack.

Amity on he other hand didn't bring much. Just a drawstring bag containing some stuff from her hometown, half of which are enchanted.

The two girls then gather at the front door.

"Ready?" Luz asked.

"Ready."

The two walked out of the door and Luz locks the door. They head straight to the dirt path nearby that leads directly to the forest. As soon as they enter they're immediately greeted by the beauty of mother nature's creations. Critters like rabbits and foxes are running around, birds flying and singing overhead, leaves gently falling blown around by the wind. Everything is so peaceful. It made Luz and Amity almost forget the situation that they're in.

Luz is staring at the map in Eda's journal, trying to point out the path they need to take to reach the red mark.

"Okay, if we entered through here...so it means we're here now...?" Luz points to the map as she talks.

Amity noticed that Luz isn't pointing to the right spot, instead pointed out east of where they are right now. She's pretty adept with maps.

"More like...here." Amity grabs Luz's pointing hand and points it to the right spot.

"Oh. I pointed to the wrong spot didn't I? Sorry, even though I go trekking and hiking a lot I'm no good with maps."

"It's okay. At least you have me to be good with maps, right?"

Just then they noticed that Amity is still holding Luz's hand. Luz noticed that. And suddenly *poof* the two of them blushed red.

"Oh, sorry-" Amity tries to let go of Luz's hand in attempt to defuse the awkward situation, but Luz had something else in mind. She grabs hold of Amity's hand.

"I, uhh...just so we won't get separated." She says without even looking at Amity's face. She trying to hide her own reddening face. "These parts of the forest can be pretty dangerous...or something..."

"Oh...o-ok, sure."

And so they continued on their way, hand in hand. Halfway through they started to get tired and decided to take a break. Luz brings out some of the food she had prepared while Amity takes out a knife and starts carving out strange symbols on nearby trees.

"What're you doing?" Luz asked.

"I'm marking the place with glyphs to protect us. I'm not sure if this'll work but, well, here goes nothing."

Amity taps on the 'glyph' and it lights up.

"It worked...it worked!"

She then ran around to each one of the glyphs that she drew and taps on them and they all lighted up. They then form a circle around their area forming some sort of forcefield.

"Whoa!" Luz exclaimed in glee. "How'd you do that?!"

"Glyphs! It's an ancient form of magic used by the witches that came before the witches. It's basically drawing a magic circle in a piece of paper."