Chapter 5

Few days have passed since Amity moved in. One day Eda Made an announcement.

"Kids! Get down here, I need to tell you guys something!" Eda called out one Saturday morning.

Luz, who was in her room reading and Amity who was doing...something in her room rushed down the stairs.

"What is it?" The two asked almost at the same time.

"I got a call from the office. I'll be away for a few days."

"A few days? For what? Where are you going?" Amity asked.

"Something came up and, well, they need all the help they can get. Just wanted to say to take care of the house while I'm away."

"Oh...sure we can do that. It's just a few days anyways." Luz replied.

"Atta girl, Luz." Eda said, ruffling her hair.

The next morning Eda already packed and is ready to leave for the airport.

"Ok. I don't have a lot to tell you girls, just make sure the house is intact when I get back. There's enough food in the fridge and enough money I left for you if it runs out. Also I'm taking King with me."

"Why?"

"I just feel it's safer if he comes with me. All right that's about it. You guys'll be fine while I'm away?

"Wait, the dog is 'safer' if he comes with you? What does that mean?" Amity asked.

"It means what it means. It's, uhh...work related, so to speak."

"...okay."

"When will you be back?" Luz asked.

"A few weeks at most."

"Weeks?" Luz asked in a meek tone.

"Hey, you can hold on that long, can't you? Besides Amity's with you."

"Yeah. You're right."

Luz and Eda traded a few more hugs and goodbyes before Eda leaves for the airport.

"...well It's just you and me for the next week I guess." Luz said to Amity, breaking the silence.

"Y-yeah. Just you and m-me. Alone. For the next week." Amity said, blushing madly.

"You okay Amity, your skin's redder than a tomato, are you sick? Do you have a fever?" Luz asked, putting her hand on Amity's forehead to check her non-existent fever.

"I-I'm not sick!" Amity said denyingly.

She's not sick. But that depends on wether or not you count gay panics a disease.

[TIME SKIP A FEW DAYS LATER]

Luz and Amity has been getting by perfectly. They've gotten to know each other better. They've been teaching each other about wolf and human cultures. Like when Amity finds out that humans don't usually eat animals when they're still breathing or when Luz finds out that you can't touch a wolf's meal unless the wolf is giving it to you (she found that out the hard way).

Eda has also been keeping the girls up to date with what she's doing or where she is.

On one afternoon the two are lounging on the couch watching a werewolf horror movie. They sit next to each other with a bowl of popcorn between them. After the movie ends, Amity looks both terrified and disgusted.

"I can't believe it. Is this really how humans have been seeing my people all this time?"

"Kinda, I guess. I mean when you introduced yourself as a werewolf I barely believed it at first. I mean you look significantly prettier than what the movies are portraying."

"P-prettier? Thanks." Amity said while, you guessed it, blushing.

"Anyways, I've been meaning to ask you, your kind, werewolves, exists. Does that mean other mythical creatures, slash monsters, exist too?"

"Oh, yeah of course."

"Really? So...vampires?"

"Yes."

"Bigfoot?"

"Yes."

"The Loch Ness monster?"

"They exist but I think they went extinct a few years ago."

"How about griffins?"

"Yes."

"An do they have spider breaths?" Luz asked more enthusiastically than before, which kinda creeped Amity out a little.

"Uhh...yes."

"I KNEW IT!" Luz continues to rant out about the possibilities of other mythical creatures roaming around the world. Amity, of course, can't help but think that Luz's geekiness is quite charming and absolutely cute.

"Yeah they all exist. But I've only ever met one other mythical creature aside from werewolves." Amity said.

"Oh yeah? What was it?"

"The Bat Queen and her children."

"WAIT! So, other in addition to werewolves the Bat Queen is also somewhere in the Bonesborough Forest?"

"Yeah, like I told you, ALL mythical creatures actually exist."

"OMG, I can't wait to tell Gus about this, he's gonna be so-"

"Wait you can't tell anyone! Not even Gus and Willow!"

"Why? They're my friends, they deserve to know."

"Luz, they're my friends too but I can't even tell them that I'm a wolf, much less expose other creatures."

"Why? Why do you have to hide yourselves? If only the world knew you exist things would be much more fun!"

"It won't. There's a reason why us, monsters and demons went into hiding...but it's a pretty long story."

"Can you tell me? I'm all ears. You don't have to if you don't want to though."

"No, I want to tell you. It's a part of my- No. Part of our history as both human and monster."

Luz settles into the couch again. Sitting next to Amity, their shoulders are almost touching.

Amity takes a deep breath.

"So..."

[TO BE CONTINUED]