Chapter 3

No matter how many seconds pass it still just doesn't make sense. Eda's right? Werewolves do exist? Amity's one of them??!!

"Amity?" Luz said to herself.

"Yeah." But Amity replied anyways.

"T-those ears. They're fake right? They're costumes?"

"No they're not."

"Well what other explanation is there?"

"...Would you believe me if I said I'm a werewolf?"

"...Well, normally I won't."

"Normally...?"

"Well...this time my mom kinda gave me a heads up."

Then another silence.

"So you're the one who was following me into the forest?" Luz asked.

"Yeah, I was." Amity said, blushing.

"Why?"

"Ever since I saw you at the school I thought that I've met you before...like you seem very very familiar."

"(So she was thinking the same thing.)" Luz thought.

"And I was curious so I followed you these past few days. You never noticed until today."

"Ok, ok..."

"You're...surprisingly calm about this."

"I'm trying to be. But, yeah, I was thinking the same thing. You seem familiar to me too. Have we met before?"

"You don't remember? You saved me."

"Wha-"

Luz was about to question her further but suddenly her phone rings. It's from Eda.

"Who's that?"

"My Mom." Luz answered.

"Hello?"

"Kid, you on your way home yet?"

"No, not yet why?"

"Just wanna give you a heads up that someone will be staying over for the next few months."

"Wow, really? Cool, who is it?"

"A friend of mine's kid. The kid transfered to your school just recently and she has nowhere to stay. So she asked me to keep her for a while."

"Cool. I'll come back now and help with whatever's needed to be done."

"Thanks kid. See you at home."

"Bye."

Luz hangs up.

"Sorry, Amity, gotta run home. We'll talk again at school. Bye!"

Luz left Amity and the conversation there, albeit still wondering what the heck just happened. Luz quickly ran home but stopping by at a minimarket to buy a can of soda.

"Eda, I'm home."

"Ah, finally, you're back, help me get the guest room ready." Eda said from upstairs.

"I'm coming."

Just then, someone knocked on the door.
Luz goes to open it. Surprise, surprise, it's Amity.

"Oh, hey Amity. What brings you here." Luz asks.

Amity is silent as a rock. She just stood there, mouth slightly open revealing her unusually sharp fangs, a light blush dusting her cheeks. She just stood there. Frozen.

"..."

"Uhh, hello?"

Luz waves her hand in front of Amity's face trying to get her attention.

"Earth to Amity."

"Huh? Oh, yeah!" Amity broke out of her trance.

"Sorry. I just...I didn't know you live here."

"Huh?"

"Wait this address is here, right?" Amity pulls out a piece of paper from her pocket. Scribbled on it is Luz and Eda's house address. Just then Luz noticed a suitcase behind Amity.

"Uhh, why do you ask?"

"Oh she's here." Eda suddenly pops out from behind Luz.

"Luz, meet Amity."

"I know her, Eda."

"You do? Well that'll make getting to know her a little more easier."

"Getting to know her?"

"She's the one who'll be living here."

"..."

"..."

"WHAT?!"

At dinner, the awkwardness is apparent. Luz and Amity is dead silent. Eda is enjoying her meal like any other night. King is eating pieces of meat that Eda feeds him from under the table.

"What's wrong Amity, you don't like steak?" Eda finally asked.

"No, it's not that...it's umm. You do know that I'm-"

"A werewolf? Yeah of course I do. Your mom and I are old friends y'know."

Luz and Amity's jaws dropped in unison.

"You know my mom?" Amity asked Eda.

"Your know her mom?" Luz added.

"Why're you so surprised, I told you a someone's staying over."

"Well you didn't exactly say who it is."

They ended the conversation at that. Eda gets a phone call right after she finished her meal and goes to her workroom. So it's up to Luz to cleans the dishes. When Luz is about halfway done, Amity approached her.

"Do you need any help?"

"Oh, no. You should just go unpack." Luz replied with a polite smile.

"I'm done with that. I don't exactly bring a lot of stuff."

"Oh. Well, I'm almost done anyways, you should just go rest."

"I don't mind. Eda let me stay here. The least I can do is to return the favor is to help out around the house."

"Well, if you insist..."

Amity rolls up her sleeves and goes to stand next to Luz. However she immediately noticed how close they are to each other. Upon that she blushed a little.

"So...a werewolf huh?" Luz suddenly asked.

"Yeah. I know it's hard to believe. And I noticed you were kind of trying to keep some distance between us. Like how you tried to push me away when I offered to help wit the dishes."

"It was that obvious huh?"

"Yeah. But I know you're just confused. Maybe even afraid. But you want answers. Explanations. And you deserve it. So...ask away."

"Well... let's start with why you look so familiar."

"Oh. Well, I've told you, we have met before. You...saved my life."

"Then there's that topic. "I saved your life"? I don't remember saving anyone."

"Well...when you saved me...I wasn't exactly... recognizable."

"What does that mean?"

Amity doesn't answer that. She dries her hand and takes a step away from Luz. Suddenly her wolf ears appear. Her tail pops out from behind her body. But her transformation doesn't stop there. She starts growing whiskers, and her nose starts to change it's shape. Her clothes merged into her and is replaced by a thick fur covering. She transforms more and more, until an unmistakable figure stood in her position. It was the wolf Luz saved at the river. At first she has a hard time believing it. But her bandage wrapped left hind leg confirms it.

Luz is absolutely speechless.