Chapter 12

The witch just stands there. Staring menacingly through their mask. They're not doing anything. Just...stands there...as if waiting.

"They're not doing anything." Luz muttered.

"What do you want?!" Amity asked, still in pain from the witch's strike.

"...Speak for yourselves. What is your business here?" They finally spoke.

"We're on a-" Luz was about to tell the witch but Amity cuts her.

"Why should we tell you? Why would you want to know, huh?!"

"I have a duty to protect this area. As long as you're here without a good explanation, I will view you as a threat. And threats...will be eliminated."

They pointed their staff at Luz and Amity.

"So? Speak!"

"...We're looking for a place."

"Luz?!"

"Telling the witch what we're after is better than getting killed!"

"How can you know that they won't kill us anyway? How can you know that they're not possibly working for the blue jacket guy?!"

"They seem...honest. They don't seem like they would kill us...if we just do as they say. Just trust me. Okay?"

Amity nods "...Okay. I trust you."

"Thanks. Anyway..." Luz continues talking to the witch. "As I was saying, we're looking for a place."

"What kind of place."

"Supposedly a safe place. We're told to get to that place, because we were told it'll be safe there."

"Who sent you?"

"...The person who wrote this journal. Her name is Eda Clawthorne."

Luz grabs Eda's journal. She shows it to the witch. The witch gasped and lowers their staff. They took off their mask and hood revealing a teenage boy that looks exactly like the blue jacket guy.

"Ms. Clawthorne sent you?"

"YOU-!"

"Wait, calm down! I know what you're thinking. And I'll explain, I promise, but first...let's get you to safety, and get the wolf girl patched up. Come with me."

The blue jacket guy lookalike starts walking. Luz still sits in the ground holding the injured Amity. They sat in disbelief. The boy...he definitely looks exactly like the guy in the blue jacket, except he's...younger?

"Come on. I know you're confused and you have every right to not believe me. But I promise all questions will be answered after we get to the house."

"House? What house?" Amity asked.

"The Owl House. Ms. Clawthorne's hideout."

"The hideout? You know where it is?" Luz asked.

"I ought to. I live there. Now, come on! It's not safe out here. You guys are lucky I'm the one who found you."

Luz then picks up her stuff and stands to follow the boy. Amity tries to stand up, but she's obviously in pain and in no shape to be walking the rest of the way. Luz slings her backpack so that it hangs in front of her, making space on her back.

"Amity, get on my back."

"W-what?"

"You're hurt. You can't be walking that far. I'll carry you."

"N-no! Thanks for the concern, I really appreciate it, but that is unnecessary. I can handle- ouch." Amity tried to prove her point by getting up, but failed to do so.