Chapter 4

Luz is surprised to say the very least. Because first of all she didn't know Amity can turn into a full wolf like that. Much less the wolf that she remembers vividly.

"I remember. I remember now!" Luz said.

Amity swiftly turn back into her human form but kept her wolf ears and tail.

"You're that wolf from the river."

Amity chuckles a little. "Took you quite a while to notice."

"I know. I should've recognized you from those beautiful eyes."

Amity turned red as a tomato. "Eh? B-beautiful?"

"I mean your eyes are just so pretty. I should've been able to recognize it anywhere because it's truly one of a kind."

Luz, being the blunt floofball she is, doesn't notice that the more she talks about Amity's eyes, the more red Amity becomes.

"OK, OK, my eyes are beautiful, stop talking!"

"Oh. Sorry. I just started blabbering. I must've annoyed you, huh?"

"No that's not why I told you to stop talking. Anyways, do you have another question?"

"Right. Right, right, right, right." Luz tries think of another question that might be important.

"Oh, I know. Don't take this the wrong way but, why are you here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well...you're a wolf...aren't you supposed to be in the forest with other wolves. I heard  you move in packs."

"We do...but I've always felt a lone wolf. The exile. The odd one out. I came here with the intention to...well...find you. And thank you..." Amity blushed at that last part.
"But when I started going to the school you're going to I noticed that wolf and human cultures have a lot in common. But they also have a lot of differences. And I am determined to learn more."

"Whoa. That is so cool!"

"Is it? It's just me being a nerd what's so cool about it?"

"That you're a nerd! Not everyone I've met is as driven as you. And your whole monologue just now proves it. Your determination to study human cultures makes me somehow determined to study wolf cultures."

"Really?"

"Yeah! If it has some things similar and some things different, then I want to know what it is. We can help each other out. I teach you human cultures you teach me wolf cultures."

"That...does sound fun."

"Ok! From now on let's promise to help each other out." Luz holds out her pinky finger.

"What's that finger for?"

"Oh, you don't know about pinky promises?"

Amity shakes her head, causing her wolf ears flop around cutely.

"Well, so this is gonna be your first human culture lesson. Pinky promises are a symbol of an unbreakable promise. Usually done by friends, families, even couples."

"C-couples?" Amity blushed yet again.

"You just have to hook your pinky around mine." Luz grabs Amity's hand causing her to, you guessed it, blush. Luz takes Amity's pinky and hooks it around her own. "Like this."

Amity is silenced by the sudden physical contact.

"And now we say our promises. I promise to help Amity to learn human cultures. Now you."

"I what?"

"Say your promise."

"Umm...I promise to help Luz study wolf...cultures?"

"There. It's done." Luz lets go of Amity's pinky. There's a slight disappointed look on Amity's face.

"It's an unbreakable promise now, ok?"

Amity who's initially confused by the concept of "unbreakable promise" suddenly has the ultimate urge to keep that promise. Just so she could keep looking at Luz's smile.

"Yes. It's a promise."