Chapter 19

Luz and Hunter snuck around the town, avoiding as much unnecessary encounters as possible with the scouts. Took them roughly 20 minutes to get to the docks. As opposed to the salty smell of Earth's beaches Luz is used to, the sea here smells oddly vinegar-like.

"Okay, we're here." Hunter said "Now, we just need to know which storage unit they're being held in. I say we split up and-"

"No." Luz cuts him off.

"What?"

"No, we're not doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Splitting up!"

"Why not? We cover more ground easily if we split up."

"You know what else is easily done when we split up? Being ambushed! It's literally how Azura's group got taken down in the second movie by-"

"Okay, you're gonna need to stop with the references!"

"It's how I understand things, alright?!"

"What- okay, look. I understand your worry. I do. How about this..."

He pulls out a little marble out of his satchel and hands it to Luz. Upon touching it, Luz can now see and feel that it's made out of stone. It has some glyphs and lines around it.

"What's this for?" She asked, still inspecting the marble.

"A distress signal. Should the scouts get a jump on you or any similar things happen or you find Raine, you squeeze that thing in your hand hard as you can. It'll alert me that you're in trouble. But ONLY use it when absolutely necessary, understand?"

"Cool. Okay, I understand."

"Good. Now, I'll go inspect these ones here, you go check the far ones over there. Try not to be seen. If you are, hide your ears."

"Roger that. Good luck."

"You too."

They part ways and begin investigating.

...

Luz begins to look for any signs of the rebel leader. She passed by dockworkers and ship crews as she's inspecting the warehouses, trying her best not to be seen as per Hunter's instruction. She's been hiding her ears under her hoodie so as to not attract unwanted attention. Which in this case is any attention whatsoever. She inspected one warehouse. Then two warehouses, then three and four and so on. After about an half an hour, she's starting to get bored and frustrated.

"HOW MANY WAREHOUSES CAN ONE DOCK HAVE!???!" She internally screamed.

After some time, she sneaked into a warehouse that's the farthest away from where she and Hunter started.

"Okay, this is the last one. Fifteenth time's the charm, right?" She said to herself. And what do you know, she's right.

In the warehouse she's in is completely empty. Save from some random crates in one corner of the room and a chained up witch in the middle. They look roughly the same age as Eda. They have short green hair that has streaks of white on it. They're wearing huge round glasses, completing their sort of nerd-ish look. They seem to be unconscious.

Luz sneaked over to the witch, looking around for any signs of the guards.

"Hey. Hellooo?" Luz called out quietly, gently shaking them awake. Their eyes slowly open. They  blinked a few times before saying anything.

"Wha- Who are you...?" They asked groggily. 

"My name's Luz. I'm here to-"

"Wait, Luz? Luz Noceda? Eda's kid?" They cut her off.

"Yeah, how'd you know about me?"

"Eda mentioned you quite a bit, but wait, that's not important right now- why are you here?? Or more importantly, how are you here?"

"Uhh, well, I'm here to save you, like I said. As to how I got here...well, that's a bit of a long story, I'll tell you later, for now, I need to get you out of these chains."

"How? You can't do magic, can you?"

"Oh, that's the thing, my sweet four-eyed friend." Luz pulls out a paper of freeze glyph from her pocket. "I can."

She slapped it on the chains around Raine's body and hands which immediately froze. Once it did, Luz began hitting it with a nearby hammer  she found, and after just three hits, the whole thing crumbled. Raine wobbly stood up, almost falling forward but Luz managed to hold them up. 

"Whoa, hey, slowly. How long have you been chained up like that?" She asked.

"I dunno. Stopped counting the days after I got to 76."

"Dang, that's a while. Well you're free now. C'mon, let's get you-"

Just then, they're stopped by a voice.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!"

The two of them turned around to at least half a dozen masked guards. Their staff pointed directly at their heads.

"Weeeelll shit." Were the only words Luz managed to get out of her mouth.

***

A/N : Heeeey y'all. Been awhile, how ya'll doing? Just fine I hope. As always, I'm sending your way nothing but good vibes and wishes. Anyway, yes, it has been quite awhile since my last update. Sorry 'bout that, things have just been a bit hectic for me. What with highschool graduation and college entrance exams, my mind and mental health is all over the place. I've also lost quite a bit of my mojo when it comes to writing. Been under a huge writer's block and I've just been hella unmotivated. But now, I AM BACK BABY!!! Well, hopefully anyway. I've set it for myself to try writing again, just to keep my mind off of things. But in any case, here's your long-awaited update! Sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger, it just scratches my brain knowing I made you roll your eyes in frustration- But in all seriousness, I will seriously try to try writing the way I used to again. Thanks for your patience. Thanks for sticking around. It really means a lot to me. And to the new readers, thank you for clicking on my story! Anyway, the note's getting too long, so I'll just end it by saying thanks for reading my story, hope you enjoy the new chapter and I'll be hard a work to try and continue the story. Luv ya'll, byeee!