Chapter 16

A/N : Starting this chapter, I'm going back to using my old style of dialogue. Why? Because I miss it and because I friggin can- pardon my inconsistency.

***

The girls were shook. Amity has never met this woman in her life, and Luz barely even remembered that Eda has a sister.

Lilith takes off her mask and hoodie, revealing her curly red hair and green eyes. She grabs a pair of round rimmed glasses and puts it on, that changes her look completely. She kinda looks like a nerdier version of Eda.

"Hello there, Luz." Lilith greeted, with an oddly warm tone of voice.

Luz got nervous all of a sudden. It's been a while since she met her aunt "Uhh, hi...so you're my aunt? You're Lilith?"

"I am. You remembered me."

"Barely, I mean...gosh, last I saw you was...what, when I was 6?"

"It has been a while, hasn't it? Haven't gotten the chance to visit the human realm again. You must be Amity Blight."

Amity nodded but said nothing.

Lilith raises an eyebrow. "Is she always this silent?"

"Not really. She's probably just shook." Luz answered.

"Anywayyy..." Hunter cuts in. "We should probably get these girls to safety."

Lilith's expression changed, as if she's just now remembering that they're currently standing beside an unconscious murder machine on the coldest part of the continent.

"Right. The safehouse is just a bit away from here. I figured we'd station there for now. Follow me."

The kids followed Lilith as they trek their way down the snowy mountain. This is the first real chance they get to really take the scenery in. It's unlike anything they've ever seen. I mean, anyone's seen a snowy mountain, but not everyone have seen The Knee. Aside from all its dangers, it really is a beautiful place.

"You ever been here before? The Demon Realm,  I mean." Luz asked Amity.

"Uhh, no. Not that I can remember, anyway. I can kinda faintly remember my parents taking me here when i was little. To this, like, lodge or something. But I can't really recall much. I must be just a small pup at that time."

"Have I ever mentioned how, whenever you tell me bout your childhood and you refer to  yourself as a pup, it honestly sounds really adorable? 'Cause it is."

Amity's cheek is suddenly tinted a warm shade of pink. "Well, what can I say? I am adorable, aren't I?"

"Hey, nice to see you're finally owning up to it! Usually when I call you cute, all you had to say abut it was "Oh! Uhm...thanks..." or something like that."

Luz's impersonation of herself made Amity's cheek even warmer. Because even Amity herself can't deny that that really was how she'd react to Luz whenever she's complimented, especially when she's called cute.

"Well, I guess I've gotten somehow more confident since then."

As the two girls continue their cute banter out back, Lilith strikes up a conversation with Hunter up front.

"Those two are...'more than friends' aren't they?

"Trust me, I thought the same thing, but when I asked their answer is always 'No, she's just a friend.' That answer annoys me for some reason."

"And kinda reminds me of someone. I can't really put my finger on it though...why are we talking about this- There's a more important issue at hand here, Hunter. Were you followed?"

"No. I checked. and re-checked. And re-re-checked. And no. No one followed us. Hooty's keeping an eye around the area surrounding the house."

”Good. Now I have a question, which I'm certain you know the answer to. That girl Amity...she's no ordinary wolf, is she?"

"No, she most obviously is not. That mark on her neck...that's no werewolf tribal marking. And her magical capabilities are too good for a werewolf."

"So my suspicions are right. The question now...does Amity know what she is?"

"I don't think she does. And honestly, I don't think I myself know what exactly she is. That mark does remind me of something I've read somewhere. Do you know what she is?

"I have ideas...but I still can't be 100% sure. I guess we'll see for ourselves sooner or later..."

---

Aaaand that's the new chapter. It's relatively short, sorry 'bout that. Been hitting the old case of writer's block, and this is a huge one. As always, I'll try to get better and leap over my block, heaven knows how hard that is. And I really hope you like this chapter! Because of my block, I am most certainly open to story plot suggestions and/or ideas from you, my cuties, just leave some in the comments if you have one. And, with all that said, thanks for reading my story, and I will see y'all in the next chapter! Byeee, love y'alls!