𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

TAKE ME TO CHURCH

TAKE ME TO CHURCH

"If you wish to stop, we will stop," Dr. Singh gives me a comforting nod and gives me all of her undivided attention.

"If you ever have second thoughts just know that y staff and I will be here for you no matter what decision you decide to make. This is a judgment-free zone, Miss Armani," she removes her gloves and throws them away in the trash bin then has a seat on her rolling chair.

My mouth turned dry, "D-Do a lot of girls change their minds like this? Right in this chair?"

Dr. Singh nodded her head and rolled her chair closer to the exam chair I was sitting in. "Yes. Quite frequently if I say so. And there's nothing wrong with it at all. There's nothing wrong if you decide to go through it and there's nothing wrong if you decide not to go through this process."

The waterlines began to swell up with tears, threatening to fall, "I don't know what happened. When I looked at that screen something in me changed. I was truly set on my decision, I don't want to be a mother. I never thought about being a mother... I-I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Honey," Dr. Singh softens her expression and reaches out to put a hand on my shoulder, "there is nothing wrong with you. You have been hit with a difficult decision. You are not alone, many girls have and are in the same shoes as you. And it is okay."

"I think it was the heartbeat... There's a heartbeat inside of me that is not my own. I don't know how I'll manage or what my future will lead after this but I hope I'm making the right decision," I whimper with the tears finally spilling out of my eyes.

Dr. Singh grabs a napkin from the dispenser on the wall and hands it over to me, "that is up for you to decide."

"Thank you," I softly mutter as I dry the tears off of my cheeks.

"I'll give you some time to get cleaned up and dressed, then we can check you out at the front desk, okay?" Dr. Singh gets up from her rolling chair, picking up her file and laptop. "There are tissue and wipes next to you right over there."