𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

I COULDN'T TELL WHETHER I WAS IN DENIAL OR NOT

"Sahara, could you please look at me?" Lucifer pleads, taking off his black tinted shades and placing them into the cup holder. I ignored his begging and continued to stare out the limo window at the busy streets of New York. This city never seems to sleep.

Tonight Lucifer had played out the role of Michael so effortlessly. From the toast he made at the dinner to signing away his signature to endless checks, he fit in well. All too well if I say so myself. Nobody had even asked him why he was wearing sunglasses inside.

"So you're giving me the silent treatment, huh?"  He chuckles, leaning back into his seat and rests his arm on the armrest, "after all that, you choose not to say a word to me?"

I take a glance back at him before resuming my sightseeing out of a moving car. After a while I closed my eyes in need to relieve some of the strain from the long night. I heard some clicks from a distance and took a peek at its direction. From the corner of my eye I saw the partition being lowered. I hastily grabbed the shades out of the cup holder and placed them back onto Lucifer's face.

"Mr. Jackson, Miss Armani, we've arrived back at The Jackson Palace," the chauffeur announces through the now open barrier before getting out of the limo to open the door for us. Lucifer steps out and holds his hand out to help me out as well. We were inside of the buildings private garage. The last time I was in here was months ago.

I walked alone towards the elevator and pressed the upward arrow button as Lucifer thanked the chauffeur, pulling out his wallet to give the man a generous tip. The doors dinged open and I stepped inside, pushing the penthouse suite button. I then decided to rapidly hit the 'close doors' as Lucifer made his way towards the lift. He began to speed walk and jammed the doors before they had the chance to close.

"You almost closed the doors on me behind there you know?" He leaned on hand rail, slightly lowering his shades to make eye contact with me.