Meeting the Family

We joined my father and many of his top military for the late lunch. The palace chefs had outdone themselves. My father made sure enough food was prepared so that any of the families with lost loved ones could stay on the grounds and eat while pre-recorded videos and pictures of the deceased played on the large hologram screen. He also set aside a sizeable amount of funds for each widow and widower.

I teased Ren a bit while we ate. After a little practice, I learned the phantom Force-fingers trick. Never actually touching him, I used the phantom digits to rub his leg from his knee to upper thigh. Not crossing the line and touching anything but his leg, he didn't retaliate too much, just mimicked my gesture. The room still warmed around me.

Admiral Kensit introduced me to his lady friend as soon as I came in. Although we saw each other the day of Kensit's healing, we had never spoken. She was an attractive brunette that looked to be in her early forties. The smile on her face matched the Admiral's, and I knew they had lost their hearts to one another.

Love found in a time of war.

Before dessert, Ren got another message on his comm-link. Excusing himself to the corridor, he returned after a few minutes with a deep scowl on his face.

"Princess Torrence, may I speak with you outside?" Seated across from me, Vicrul stared off into nothingness, obviously engaged in a mental conversation with Ren.

In the corridor, Ren explained to me that the Hutts had attacked all First Order military on Tatooine.

"I have to go, Princess. I am very sorry," he stated.

"Don't worry. I understand."

"The First order will have to annihilate the Hutts once and for all. They have become too powerful and are believed to have some insider help from mutinous First Order officers."

As I nodded, Vicrul exited the dining room, ready to leave.

"I need Vic to go with me. I need someone I can trust. My other Knights will meet us there along with two destroyers."

I nodded again, understanding completely.

"Stay either here on Sonet or go to the King's ship. Enjoy yourself. I'll be back as soon as I can. I apologize about breaking the promise I made to you earlier in your father's office, but I will make it up to you." My cheeks burned as he gave me a sexy smirk.

Kissing me softly, he said his goodbyes, then leaned down to my ear and whispered, "Don't think you are off the hook for your misbehavior in the dining room. You will be punished when I return."

Ooooh krrriiiif!

Turning in a whirlwind of black, he and Vicrul walked away down the corridor, Vic waving.

You couldn't help it, could you? You had to leave me with a blush on my face and heat between my legs? Damn traitorous body. I can't hide anything.

Ren gave a dark chuckle as he turned the corner.

********

That night, as I lay in my bed on Sonet, holding one of my favorite books, surrounded by soft linens, with a dying fire in the hearth, I felt physically comfortable. The only thing missing—Ren.

When did I become so accustomed to his presence that away from him, I withered?

At this very moment, a sense of half-existence permeated my thoughts like an itchy bug bite, present, but not always overwhelming—reminding you of its existence as soon as you relaxed. I detested this feeling, this emptiness.