The Princess and Her Nym

AN: Well, this is it, the last chapter. It's been one hellavu journey, at least for me. Thanks for following me along the way. Some of you may not remember the book Torrence loved called The Princess and Her Nym. It was damaged during the ...ahem intimate scene in the library.

I watched and waited for Ren to show up. He left this morning reporting he had business to attend to while behaving suspiciously. It had been a month since the galaxy united and defeated evil. Not a completely peaceful transition, it forced Ren to squash over one mutiny of First Order personnel who believed he had gone soft. Truth was, some people were not content unless their lives were full of violence.

He handled the initial two revolts diplomatically, by simply imprisoning the traitors. By the third, I knew he would have to make an example and show everyone he could still be merciless.

Although General Pryde had been the commanding officer of the Star Destroyer that tracked down this last coupe, and normally more than happy to blow shit up, he was under strict orders to capture the prisoners alive. He had been faithful to Ren and would eventually become the highest-ranking officer in the First Order, second only to the Supreme Leader himself.

When he brought the prisoners to Ren, they were interrogated and swiftly gave up information on other personnel working as moles. His judgement was to have them all executed by firing squad, recorded, and the recording released to the general population as a warning. It had been quiet ever since.

We stayed mostly on Sonet for the past two weeks. Poe and Finn returned to the remaining Resistance, intending to open a school to train pilots, mechanics, and technical engineers. For much of the Resistance personnel, each other was the only family they had, so staying together wasn't a tough decision. The First Order became a benevolent benefactor in funds for this new trade school, further tightening the bonds of peace.

Han and Chewie left a week ago for Chandrilla. Han said he needed some time away to grieve on his own and would be back. Ren spent many hours of quality time with his father in the three weeks he was here, often just getting to know one another again and much more talking about Leia. Han spoke of taking Ren with him and Chewie on a short trip when they returned. Although I would miss him terribly, I thought it was a fabulous idea. I would keep myself busy planning a wedding, anyway.

The only extra person still left around was Lando. He and my father had become fast friends and discussed many future business endeavors. Lando was scheduled to leave tomorrow morning to set up one of those dealings. We were to all have dinner at the palace at sunset, but before that, Ren planned to speak with his Knights regarding their futures.

It was late afternoon before he returned. The Night Buzzard had arrived two hours earlier, the Knights choosing to stay on their ship until their master's return.

Sensing Ren's approach, I met him in the valley. He swept me up in a tight embrace, then kissed me so hard I became breathless and dizzy. He kept an arm around my waist to steady me, and chuckled. "Will I always have this effect on you, Princess?"

"Kriff, I hope so." I smiled up at him, forever feeling that pull of our souls together.

"Now, are you going to tell me where you went this morning?"

"No," he answered. "You'll find out soon enough."

I pouted a moment before giggling and said, "I know how to get you to talk."

Reading my mind, he growled, "Careful, Princess. Remember what happened last week when you attempted to extort information out of me."

Do I ever? You almost dislocated one of my hips.