⋆𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑒𝓃𝒹⋆

Y/N had picked up a pen and written a note for Marta, she'd thought about what she wanted to say in very small detail before she'd began to write. But, somehow, the words just came to her easily.

"Dear Marta, 

Harlan left me this card, it contains about fifteen-million dollars. Quite a lot of money. He wanted me to have it, but I can't bring myself to spend any of it at all. Especially not when the Thrombey's are going to be kicked out of their homes. But I couldn't bring myself to give it to them either, Harlan cut them out of the will, I felt like I'd be going against his wishes.

So, I figured I'd give it to you, because Harlan wanted you to have money so I don't think a little extra would hurt. That way, you could decide what to do with the money yourself- I just need to get this money off of my shoulders. 

- Y/N"

Y/N sighed contently and nodded before putting the cap back onto the pen and placing the card down on top of the note. Now it was up to Marta what to do with it. Marta was a lovely girl and had a big heart, Y/N knew she'd figure out the right thing to do. And with that, Y/N felt a wave of relief. 

It didn't matter that she'd have to go and beg for her other jobs back or that she'd have to finish her education back at the public school down the road from her. She'd never really been into that whole 'private school' thing anyway. Although, she'd admit that she was definitely going to miss seeing Jacob at school everyday. 

Y/N turned around and walked out of Harlan's house, stepping out onto the porch. She turned and looked up at the big house where she'd made so many memories- both good and bad- and gave a small smile before leaving the porch and heading back down to the gravel-driveway.

She saw Jacob and went over to him, he put away his phone when he saw her. His eyes looked over her and smiled softly. "Took your time." He teased, nudging her on her shoulder. Y/N shook her head and chuckled.

"Yeah- girl things- too bad." Y/N told him before looking around at the others, they were all just pilling into their cars, shoving their belongings into the trunks of their cars and letting out sighs of frustration. Y/N noticed Walt trying to force a red suitcase into his car, he looked very stressed out. "Where are you all going?" Y/N asked Jacob.

"Well, Marta's got the house now. We figured we'd better leave. Linda said they should all leave now to save their dignity so that she won't kick them out." Jacob shrugged a little and eyed his dad, making a fool of himself as he lost a battle to a suitcase and a trunk. "So, I guess we're heading back to our house, or a hotel, or something."

Y/N nodded a little, laughing at Linda's overdramatic nature but knowing she'd probably end up missing it, nonetheless. "Right. Well, I've got to head back home. I've got some jobs to get back to." She told him and began to walk away, towards the gate of the driveway.

He ran up to her, galloping back to his side. "Wait! Let me walk you back." He told her with a smile. Y/N raised an eyebrow.

"Really? The Jacob Thrombey is going to walk me through a dirty part of town? Sure you won't get your shoes ruined?" She teased, but smiling about it anyway, he still managed to make her laugh even when he wasn't talking.

Jacob chuckled and shook his head, running his hands through his hair. "Yeah, I'm still processing it too. Might as well get used to it, I'll probably be going to a public school soon anyways. Do you think they'll like me?"

Y/N imagined Jacob walking into school, dressed in a suit amongst teenagers in hoodies and jeans. She imagined him putting on disposable gloves to open his locker and doors, she imagined the look of horror on his face at the cafeteria food. "Sure, you'll fit right in. Just tone down the..." She looked him up and down, "I rode here in my fathers carriage-ness."

Jacob laughed and nodded as they walked through the streets together. "Alright, I'll work on that." Y/N smiled as they walked through her neighbourhood together, for once, she wasn't embarrassed about where she came from and she wasn't trying to hide Jacob's eyes from the sight of Dodgy Dave smoking behind a trashcan. 

They walked in a pleasant silence for a few minutes before Y/N felt him take her hand into his and squeeze gently. Y/N smiled and giggled a little. "Wow, what an honour." She said.

"Don't make this weird, Y/N." He shook his head and grinned at her as they approached her street. They walked past a few small houses before they finally arrived at Y/N's house, coming to a stop outside.

"Well, this is where I part from you. I'll call you later... or something." Y/N told him and smiled before getting her keys out of her pocket and pushing them into the lock, opening her front door. She felt Jacob place his hand on her shoulder, she turned to look at him.

And with that, he wrapped his arms around her in a bruising hug, lips brushing up against her cheek briefly before moving away from her again. "See you." He smiled at her, eyes locking with hers as he began to walk back down the street. She giggled as she walked inside of the house. 

For days after, Y/N hadn't heard much about the Thrombey's, or their financial situation. She'd spoken to Jacob on the phone, of course, he'd told her about how his dad had gotten a job at a publishing company but that the pay wasn't what he used to earn normally. They were moving to a smaller house, in a smaller neighbourhood. Jacob had suggested they move near Y/N.

And then a letter came through the front door.

"Y/N,

Harlan wanted you to be well off, he always did. Fifteen-million is a lot of money, I can tell why you freaked out about it. I freaked out about my inheritance too. 

But I'm going to do what I'm doing for the others, I'm going to send you a sum of money every month. It'll be the same as what Harlan used to give you, so no need to worry.

I hope this is okay, it's not much but it'll keep you going without having to work every moment of the day. That's what you wanted, right?

Hope to see you again soon,

Marta."

Everything had worked out just how Y/N wanted. She smiled at the letter and sat down on the couch again, finally picking up Harlan's book. Y/N looked at the photo of him on the back, grinning at the camera with his gentle smile.

Now she'd have a chance to finish reading it.