⋆𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓁𝑒⋆

Y/N walked into the room and was greeted by two cops, immediately. She was told to take a seat, so she did. Words couldn't describe the nerves pumping through her veins at that moment. She went over the story and excuse she'd been working on. She couldn't mess up a single fact or she'd be busted and the Thrombey's would know what happened in the bathroom that night.

And she definitely didn't want that. The Thrombey's were incredibly judgemental, very stuck in their ways. Seriously, you even kiss before marriage and-

And she definitely wouldn't be allowed to see Jacob anymore. Which, might not entirely be a bad thing. He was a bit of an asshole but.. shit, he was a cute asshole.

Y/N sat down and looked at the cop sitting in front of her, before averting her gaze to a man sitting next to the piano. He looked familiar, maybe she'd read about him or seen him on TV?

The cop sat in front of her on the couch, Y/N looked back at them- trying to not look like she was nervous or had something to hide. But the cop kind of looked.. friendly? Well, he seemed a little nicer with that kind gaze than the harsh one she always received from the Thrombey's.

"I'm just going to introduce myself, I'm Detective Lieutenant Elliott and this-" He gestured over to the giddy-eyed, younger detective a few feet away from him, "-is Trooper Wagner. We're just going to start off with asking you some routine questions, if that's okay?"

Y/N nodded and swallowed thickly, trying to maintain eye-contact with the cop. She'd watched enough crime dramas to know the type of body language she should avoid. Never did she ever think that she'd actually need to use it.

"So." The detective started, "What was your relationship with Harlan?"

"I uhm.. I'm a friend of his grandson, I've only really known him for a few months." She said with a small nod, just egging herself on to get through the interview.

"Did you ever.. interact with Harlan?" Detective Lieutenant Elliott asked the girl in the chair in front of him.

"No, I mean, he'd give me money occasionally. Normally for keeping Jacob, that's his grandson by the way, in line." She answered, proud of herself for keeping herself together for the measly two questions she'd gotten through so far.

"How much money?"

She paused for a moment, "Why does it matter?"

"How much money?" The detective repeated himself.

Y/N shrugged and looked away briefly before looking back at the cop, sighing softly. She tried to add up the totals in her head, she knew it was a fairly large amount. Maybe too much. Would they think she'd have something to gain from his desk? Would they-

"Miss? How much money?"

"I don't know. Like.. a few tens of thousands here and there." She finally answered, hoping that it sounded okay and not too shifty.

"Seems like a great amount. I mean, just for keeping his grandson in line?"

"I don't know, sir, this is Harlan Thrombey we're talking about. That man was a millionaire, type to line cat litter trays with five dollar bills." Y/N suggested, trying to make it sound casual. The man nodded and scribbled something down in his notebook.

He looked back at her, waving his pen around absent-mindedly, "And.. what time did you arrive at the party?"

"A little later than everyone else. I guess they wanted to do.. family stuff.. before I got there." The girl answered him, hoping that she was doing okay for her first ever police interview. Then again, they hadn't asked much about later that evening yet.

"Right, right. So explain the rest of the evening to me, from your point of view. Did you interact with Harlan at all."

Shit. This was where she'd really have to start being careful. "Well uhm, I went to the party, took Jacob's phone so he'd actually talk to some people. Then we.. then we danced around a bit and talked and then.."

And then we went to the bathroom and made out. 

"And then we laughed at his baby photos." Well, it wasn't a complete lie. They did laugh at his baby photos. Just in the bathroom. And then they made out. "And then we ran into Harlan and he gave me a check, for getting Jacob off of his phone."

Y/N felt like a machine, just filtering information and repeating back twisted facts to the cops. Maybe she could join the CIA or something, become a spy, sounded like fun-

"How much was in the check?" The detective asked, Y/N squinted at him. Why did any of this money stuff matter? She wouldn't get anything out of killing Harlan, she wasn't related to him and he had no reason to leave her anything in the will. 

She shrugged, "About sixty-thousand."

The detective almost choked on air, she guessed it was quite a lot of money. Y/N guessed it was almost the amount that the officer made in a year. The detective wrote it down quickly before looking back up at Y/N ready to ask her a few more questions. 

Not much longer later on, Y/N was allowed to leave the room. She stepped out into the hallway and exhaled, sighing with relief that it was over. Turns out, it was a lot harder to stick to the same story over and over again. She had a feeling that the cop was trying to see if she'd budge from her story and somehow she managed not to.

Jacob walked around the corner and saw Y/N, he smiled a little and walked up to her, looking her in the eyes. "How was it?" He asked her. Y/N just gave him a reassuring nod in response. "You stuck to the story, right?"

"Yeah, of course I did. They don't know." She told him with a little nod, he sighed softly and took a step towards the door, getting ready to be questioned himself. "Have fun in there." Y/N told him with a playful grin, he chuckled with response and closed the door behind him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry I took a while to update, I've just been binge watching Horrid Henry for the past couple of days-

Don't forget to vote <3