⋆𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝑔𝑜⋆

Y/N had left the house and went ploughing on down her small street, complete with random men and women stood under bus shelters in the cold. Didn't they have anywhere better to be? Then again, judging by the way they looked, she assumed that they didn't. She walked down the street and hoped straight onto the bus, paid her bus fair in loose change from her coat pocket and sat herself down- heading to Harlan's attorney's office. 

Man, what poor guy would want to manage the Thrombey's money? There's to much to keep track of- well, not anymore- but on top of that, you'd have to deal with Linda whipping you at the smallest mistake you made. Not a job that Y/N wanted in the future, that was for sure. She felt slightly confused as to why Harlan suggested she should talk to his attorney- after all, he was just an attorney, not a therapist. But perhaps therapy was a side job- or maybe they'd just been close friends. Who knew?

The bus came to a creaking halt after maybe half an hour into the main city. Y/N knew his office was in the city, she'd gone on errands with Jacob for Harlan more times than she could remember. Damn, and there was that 'Jacob' word again, it was almost as if the heartache doubled every time she thought of him. She figured the easy way to stop it would be to just stop thinking about him but it was like trying to stop thinking about that cute café with the stack of waffles and ice cream- borderline impossible. 

Y/N passed many buildings and many people, all bustling about their own days and worrying about their problems. Well, Y/N was worrying about hers and they were Jacob-shaped. The sound of cars driving by and honking their loud horns and shouting and chatting with each other was overwhelming- Y/N didn't really come into the city too often and if she was being honest, she had only gone to the city alone a handful of times. 

Yes, the city was loud and scary to someone as nervous as herself but she powered on down the bustling streets. She had to get to the law firm as quickly as she could, she didn't know how long Alan was going to be working and he could be heading home right away if she wasn't quick. It didn't really help that it was getting pretty dark too. If she didn't hurry, there would be no buses left for her to catch home and she'd either have to walk alone in the dark and be stranded here in the city. 

She was quite confused as to why there were so many people out in the city at that time of day, maybe there was a game on or something, she didn't know but it was far too busy for her liking. And so, when the law firm came into sight, she felt terribly relieved. Y/N headed inside of the building, the wind from outside being cut off immediately as she entered the warm building. 

Y/N walked straight to the reception desk and was met with a middle-aged woman who was clearly trying to make herself look younger with the red lipstick and blue eyeshadow she was wearing- but it almost definitely fell flat as it practically doubled her age. Her ear was pressed against the phone, smiling and chatting. Was that bubble gum in her mouth? "No, Vic, I'm telling you! This guy I went out with last night had the biggest-" 

The lady looked up and saw the young girl standing at her desk, her eyes widened with alarm and cleared her throat. "Uh... The biggest... car. I'll call you back, Vic." She scrambled in an attempt to put her phone down and then looked up at Y/N with a warm smile- false- but warm. "Good evening, how may I be of assistance?" 

Y/N scrunched her nose up and took a deep breath, trying not to laugh at the lady. "I'm, I'm here to see Alan." She mentally cursed herself when she realised she couldn't remember the guy's last name. "You know, Alan, right? Everyone knows Alan." Y/N shrugged it off and laughed playfully, trying to project confidence although it came off a little short of potentially crazy. 

"Yeah, of course I know Alan." The lady told her, way too defensively. She sat back in her seat and tapped away at her keyboard, "What did you say your name is, again?" The lady asked.

Shit. She was checking the appointment sheets. "Y/N." She replied, hoping she'd just let her in and be done with it. But no. The lady grimaced and looked back at Y/N.

"I don't have an appointment for an Y/N."

"-Thrombey. Y/N Thrombey. Harlan's... granddaughter." Y/N covered quickly, praying that this would work. People in the office were beginning to look over in her direction and she hated that. She hated it. 

Thankfully, the woman's eyes widened and she placed a hand over her heart, gaze softening. "Oh, of course. I am so sorry for your loss, my darling." She told the girl as she sat back in her seat and pressed a button before standing up and pointing at a wooden door. "Just through there, have a nice evening."

Y/N nodded before scuttling as quick as she could to the door, heart still racing but relief beginning to calm her down, just about. She headed straight to the door and placed her hand on the handle. She turned the knob and pushed the door open, putting her head around the side of the door and spotting Alan sitting there at his desk with a cup of coffee.

He looked up at Y/N as she walked in, smiling a little. "Oh, Y/N. I knew you'd be here eventually. What may I help you with?" He asked politely.

"Everyone knows. They all know I've been lying. And I know that you know too, Harlan said I should-"

And with that, Alan burst out of his seat with excitement, hands clapping together repeatedly as his face radiated sheer joy. "Oh good! Finally! I've been waiting for this! Come on, sit down. We have much to discuss."

++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for slow updates! But it's the holidays now so I should have more time.