⋆𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝓌𝑜⋆

Y/N awoke the next morning to the sound of a knock at the door. She took a moment to gather her bearings, looked around her surroundings. She was in her living room, laying on the sofa. Her eyes felt heavy and achy, as if she'd cried herself to sleep. But why would she have-

"Oh." She muttered, the realisation forming in her mind as she remembered the events of yesterday. About how Walt Thrombey had finally figured out her secret, that she'd been lying to his whole family for months. She remembered begging him not to tell anyone, but she wasn't too sure she'd done too good of a job with it. Perhaps she should have gotten down on her knees.

Y/N sighed as got up from the sofa, back aching from sleeping on the uncomfortable lump of fabric and wood. She rubbed her eyes a little and opened the front door, expecting to see a delivery man or someone.

But it was Meg. She looked down at Y/N and frowned at the state her friend was in. Still in her clothes from yesterday, hair a mess- clearly just awoken. "Sorry to wake you."

Y/N shrugged and stepped aside, letting Meg walk into her mess of a home. Not that she was that embarrassed of it around Meg anymore. Meg had been to her house many times before. After all, Meg was the only person that Y/N wanted to know about her real life. 

Meg walked in and leaned against the back of the couch, looking at Y/N. "Did Walt tell anyone?" Y/N asked immediately, the question rushing to her lips. She needed to know, but at the same time she was dreading a response.

"He told me. He pulled me aside and told me about the job. I told him that I already knew and then he told me about how your parents are-" Meg paused and looked down, "I don't know if he's told anyone else."

Y/N exhaled, leaning against the wall and hitting her head. What was she meant to do now?

"Do you want to come by the mansion, see if anyone says anything?" Meg suggested. In all honesty, it wasn't too bad of an idea but the thought of showing up and having everyone attack her for lying to them just- "And if they start anything, I'll get you out of there straight away. You never know, maybe Walt decided to not be an ass. He liked you, didn't he?"

Y/N thought about it and nodded. It was true, Walt had seemed to take a liking to her. She kept Jacob under control most of the time and kept him off his phone. Besides, she was Jacob's only friend- she doubted he'd ruin that for his son. "Yeah, okay. Good idea."

༄༄༄༄༄

About an hour later, after Y/N had taken a shower and slipped into some clean clothes, Meg and her pulled up to the mansion. The car came to a halt and they looked up at the big building. No doubt everyone was still freaking out about the Marta situation- and Y/N was still partly thinking about where the rest of the money had gone- but now she had bigger problems to deal with.

Meg and Y/N got out of the car and started walking up the steps to the house. Sure, Jacob could be an ass but she knew she'd be incredibly hurt if she lost him as a friend. Y/N took a deep breath before she walked alongside Meg into the mansion.

The Thrombey's were inside bustling about like usual, pointing fingers, making obscene gestures and waving their arms around in a flap. But this was standard, and it calmed Y/N down a little at the familiarity of it all.

Joni and Richard passed Y/N and Meg, greeting them both with a smile. Richard patted them both on the back, "Alright, kiddos? Seen Marta anywhere?" They both shook their head and the two left them almost instantly. 

Meg looked down at Y/N, smiling a little and nudging her. "They didn't say anything. They don't know." Y/N beamed happily before making her way through the living room with Meg again. She passed the rest of the family, who only greeted them and asked questions about Marta.

Y/N felt a weight being lifted from her shoulders, none of them knew. 

She spotted Walt and walked up to him with Meg, smiling a little. "You didn't tell them?" She asked the man and he shook his head, giving a little smile and looking over at the crowd of Thrombey's in the living room.

"No. It doesn't concern them." Walt said before nodding to the kitchen door, "Jake's in the kitchen, no doubt eating leftovers." He told her before leaving to join his family. Y/N looked up at Meg and smiled a little.

"Thanks for being here. I'm so relived." She sighed softly and smiled. Meg nodded and beamed back at her.

"Me too, no problem." Meg told her before heading off to talk to Joni and join back in with the Marta drama. Y/N headed into the kitchen, immediately spotting Jacob leaning against the counter and staring down at the ground.

Y/N smiled at the sight of him and closed the kitchen door behind herself, Jacob looked up at the sound of the door closing. "Hey Jacob. It's crazy out there, they're all still freaking out about Marta?" She questioned.

Jacob shrugged and looked back down at the floor. He wasn't even on his phone, or eating leftovers. He was just standing there staring. Y/N raised an eyebrow. Maybe he'd had his phone taken off him? 

"Jacob? What's wrong?" She asked as she walked to him, standing in front of him and touching his arm a little, "Are you okay?"

A long silence passed before Jacob spoke, inhaling deeply before letting the words that broke his heart in two slip passed his lips. "You lied to me."

It's amazing that the heart makes no sound when it cracks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry for slow updates! School is crazy! Don't forget to vote and comment what you think :)