⋆𝓉𝒽𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓊𝒸𝓀⋆

Y/N hadn't relaxed at all over the few hours after the will reading. The worry of being kicked out of school and hated by Jacob was just causing too much stress for her to do anything other than think about how her life would be turned upside down in the next two days. 

The entire family of the Thrombey's weren't exactly relaxing either though, which made her feel slightly less alone. Harlan had left them absolutely nothing and they were absolutely not okay with it. In fact, they were adamant that somehow Harlan's Will was somehow unlawful and that there was a way they could change it. 

Y/N thought that their arguing and bad-mouthing was slightly disrespectful to Harlan. Despite the fact that Y/N was really in a bad place because of what he'd done, it was still his dying wish and therefore they couldn't really do much about it. Y/N thought that maybe the Thrombey's had a slight amount of respect for their dead relative to the point that they might not be trying to claim all of his hard earnings as their own.

The Thrombey's were arguing amongst themselves as usual, this time about the will. They were all pacing back and forth and making both explanatory gestures and obscene gestures. Y/N was one of the only people in the room who were sat down. The others included, the attorney and his assistant, Meg and Jacob. Jacob was almost always sat down and playing on his phone, that was exactly what he was doing then.

Earlier that afternoon, Jacob had pulled Y/N from the library, extremely angry. He was mad at Marta and had made several racist comments about her, which Y/N had told him off about. Y/N had no respect for the comments he'd made about where Marta was from and about her family, but she did empathise with the frustration over Harlan not leaving him anything.

"This is such bullshit," He'd told her, his face screwed up and the colour of a ripening tomato, "He's helped everyone else out with everything, my aunts and uncles had loans from him to start their stupid businesses! He hasn't left me anything at all, not even a pile of hot shit!" He'd shouted as he gripped her arm with frustration.

Y/N hadn't realised that Jacob didn't exactly have much money, but she knew that his parents did. Sure, they'd lost the publishing company but she was certain that they had a lot of money saved up to last them a few years at least. In a few years, they could have started their own businesses and so money would never be an issue for Jacob or his parents.

Jacob had tried to tell Y/N he desperately needed the money for college but Y/N knew it was bullshit. The Thrombey's had contacts and she knew for a fact they could get Jacob into a good college by pulling a few simple strings.

College for Y/N on the other hand was entirely out of reach, now that her anonymous funds had been cut suddenly, she knew she'd be going to community college. Any fancy school that she'd dreamed of as a kid were miles out of reach for her, she couldn't even afford high school- forget college.

Y/N looked up from the seat she was sat in as the Thrombey's paced back and forth, she looked over at Jacob and to her surprise- he was looking straight back at her. She blushed softly and looked away as he walked across the room and sat next to her. 

Jacob switching seats seemed to have sparked an interest in the Thrombey's and they looked over at the two teenagers with beady eyes. Y/N had a feeling that they were about to continue with the conversation they'd started with them both earlier. The extremely uncomfortable conversation that she hadn't even had with Jacob yet. She didn't know what her and Jacob were and she certainly wasn't ready to tell his family about it. 

"So, about earlier." Linda started, getting up onto her metaphorical high horse already. Y/N knew that the conversation would be dreadful but that part of it was probably funded by the anger they were all feeling about Harlan. Linda looked at Y/N and pointed one of her fingers at her, "If you're pregnant then-"

"Woah, woah, woah!" Walt shouted, putting his hands up in front of Linda, a look of horror on his face, "Jesus Christ! We don't even know what they were doing!" The room went quiet again as they all turned to look at Y/N and Jacob for an explanation. Y/N felt cold sweat gather on he forehead and she looked at Jacob to see if he was going to offer any sort of assistance. But no, he was not.

Y/N went red with embarrassment and faced the adults in front of her, she even saw that the attorney had peaked an interest. "We just kissed." She mumbled, not entirely sure as to why these people were so interested. She knew they were traditional but come on, there was a point where traditionalism had to stop. 

Joni looked at the two of them and curiously gestured to them both, "Sooo, are you two.. together or...?"

That was when Jacob finally looked up, as if he was going to participate in the brutal interrogation. He glanced at Y/N, his eyes shining. Then he looked up at the adults and, to Y/N's surprise, took her hand into his. He nodded softly, "Yeah, we are. Now go away." He told them before pulling his hand away from Y/N and going back to his phone.

She knew that the Thrombey's interest had gone when they turned away and started talking about the will again. The pressure was off now but why was Y/N's heart still in her throat. Jacob had said they were together... but they'd never talked about it.

In all honesty, Y/N didn't even know if she wanted to be together with Jacob. But.. he was pretty attractive and if you could deal with having to constantly tell him off about his use of slurs then...

There was one thing Y/N knew, she needed to talk to him about this rash comment- before she got thrown out of school.

++++++++++++++++++

Wow I am so mad at myself, I wanted to update loads over the past few days but I didn't. Oops.

Also this was written on my old iPad so I'm sorry if there's any typos.

Don't forget to vote! <3