⋆𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁⋆

No longer than a week had past before Y/N received a call from Jacob. She'd been laying on her best, thinking over school projects and, of course, the death of Harlan Thrombey.

She felt awful. Awful over the fact that even though a man had died, she was only really thinking about money. She should have been thinking about the way that Harlan no longer walked the face of the earth. She should have been feeling unwell at the thought of his body laying in his study, throat slit open.

But no. She was thinking about the fact she only had six months worth of money to pay her bills with. Great.

Her trail of thoughts were interrupted by her phone buzzing and she sighed and put the phone to her ear, answering it. "Hello?"

Jacob's voice echoed from the other side of the phone, "Hey, Y/N. We're all heading to the mansion later, police questioning and the will reading and.. and all that."

Y/N couldn't tell if Jacob was sad or just tired. Actually, perhaps he was simply just bored. "Oh, right, okay. I'll head there now?" She suggested, not wanting to show up and be the only person there.

"Yeah, sounds good. See you there soon." He answered and Y/N hung up. She sighed softly and sat up in her bed, looking over at the clothes  hanging on the outside of her wardrobe.

༄༄༄༄༄

It wasn't long before Y/N had stepped onto the old, rattly bus and paid her bus fair. She knew she'd die if anyone ever saw her catching the public bus. She figured that her parents earned a lot of money from their 'fashion company'. She chuckled at the thought that nobody had even asked the name of the company, she'd be screwed if they ever did.

The bus came to a stop and Y/N got off the bus a few streets away from the mansion, that way nobody would see her getting off the bus. She brushed herself off and started to walk to the mansion. She wondered why the police wanted to talk to them.

Obviously, someone had died. But it was suicide, right? She sighed softly and scratched her eyebrow as she felt herself get nervous for the questioning. Why was she nervous? She had nothing to hide, she hadn't killed him. But.. but she did have something to hide. She had the whole 'kissing Jacob' thing to hide.

She should have puked from nerves then and there but the thought of lying about the events of that evening calmed her down. After all, she was good at lying, she'd been doing it for months.

Y/N approached the Thrombey mansion and looked up at the huge building. For some reason, it felt smaller knowing that the owner was dead.

She stepped onto the porch, keeping her eyes down to ignore the officers outside and the looks of sadness on the relatives faces. They'd already had the funeral, Y/N hadn't been invited. Not that it surprised her, she hadn't known Harlan for long but.. but she had hoped that she'd have a chance to say goodbye. But she guessed that the Thrombey's didn't want her there.

She walked inside and gave a shy smile to Walt and Linda, who were there together with Richard. She paused and looked at the three of them, figuring she should try to at least make polite conversation or to offer condolences.

"Hey, how are you guys holding up?" Y/N asked nervously. She always felt slightly intimidated by the Thrombey's, unless they were speaking their outdated opinions. Yes, when they were doing their daily rounds of bashing minorities, she didn't hold back.

Linda looked at Richard, as if she wanted to roll her eyes at Y/N's question. She knew there was an obvious answer but she was just trying to he polite. "Peachy." Linda responded and made no effort to make eye contact with the girl who had reached out to her.

Ordinarily, Y/N would definitely knock Linda off of her high-horse. But, her dad had just died so she figured she'd just shut up for the time being. Walt looked at Y/N and gave her a small smile, "Jacob's in the kitchen, if you were wondering."

Y/N gave him a nod in response and headed off through the mansion to the large kitchen. And Walt was right. Jacob was sitting on the counter, head buried in his face, double chin formed from his head being tilted down.

She couldn't help the smile spreading across her face at the sight of Jacob sitting there. Even though he looked like a right slob, he looked like a cute slob. She smirked a bit and knocked on the door, "Alright there, Thrombey? Who are you attacking this time? Pansexuals or immigrants?"

It was normally one of those. Sure, he attacked other clusters of people too but those were the ones he went for the most. It really pissed Y/N off but once Jacob started, there was no stopping him.. unfortunately.

Jacob jumped and looked over at her before sighing with relief and chuckling as he got down from the counter. "Neither, I was reading the news."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, that was different. "Oh really, what were you reading about?"

"Well there was an article about grandpa, so that's what caught my attention. And then I read an article about some fourteen year old boy who apparantly killed his classmate."

Y/N chuckled and nodded, walking over to him. "Right, do you think he did?"

Jacob shrugged and took a step closer to her too, "Not sure, I don't know the guy. He doesn't look like a murderer though, looks kind of alright."

Y/N laughed softly and opened her mouth to respond when there was a knock at the door, Richard was standing there.

"The cops want to talk to you guys, either of you first." He shrugged and left the room again.

Y/N walked towards the door, volenteering herself to go first. "Y/N." Jacob started, she glanced back at him, "Don't tell them about.. you know."

Y/N nodded and gave him a smile before taking a deep breath and heading out of the kitchen, ready to be questioned.

++++++++++++++++++++
Sorry I didn't update in ages! I was on holiday but I'm back now!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Let me know what you thought!

Don't forget to vote <3