The Cursed Family (II)

Annie smiled lovingly at her three daughters.

She was proud of her daughters.

All three of them had a stunning beauty and different charisma.

Though the two of her daughter seemed a bit strange, she believed that her daughters would find someone who would be willing to spend their lives with them.

It was just a pity as none of them was interested in romance.

Oh, there was. Her eldest. But her eldest was... sigh.

She loved playing around with romance.

Annie straightened her back and determinedly announced,

"I finally decided to remarry. I want you to meet your new father."

Boom!

As if on cue, a loud boom of thunder and lightning flashed behind their mother, illuminating the three women's different expressions.

The youngest, Angel, picked up her fork and unconsciously put strength as she pierced the steak.

Ping.

A metallic sound echoed. Her beautiful but expressionless face looked up to her mother.

"Who is the victim?" Her soft and small voice that rarely spoke unless she was watching a murder scene echoed in the hallway.

Annie calmly looked at her youngest who wore a dark gown that seemed to be designed after a movie called Dracula. She was used to her youngest's antics and clothing.

"His name is George Tan. He is half Chinese and half American like me. I think it's because of this connection that we fell in love and understood each other. This time, I am sure I found the right man," their mother said with bright eyes, clearly a woman in love.

The youngest did not say anything more. She got the name of the nth victim.

As a fan of mysteries and dark themes such as murders, zombies and vampires, her mind thought of the possible endings of this poor victim named George.

Last time was a car accident. This time, maybe drowning?

Angel Youngsten looked down on her plate as she immersed herself in a crime scene that she assumed would probably happen in the near future.

"Mother, in my opinion, you don't need a man to understand you. This is your seventh attempt of marriage, and if it succeeded, this will be your fourth marriage. If he is going to die, it is better to let him go, as early as now. I don't want to see you hurt, mother," her second daughter, Ariana commented.

Ariana's long dark hair was under a big black hat.

Annie was used to her second daughter's strange fashion that she had long given up on telling Ariana not to wear hats while dining.

She smiled and touched her chest daintily, feeling warm at her second daughter's words.

Her second daughter might look cold and conservative by the way she dressed up. But it was because of her skin allergy. Although it was clearly night with no sunlight that could possibly trigger her allergy, the habit of wearing long, dark sleeves, long skirts, and big hats had become her second daughter's habit. Even when eating.

"You don't have to worry my daughter. Your new father is very kind and loving. George is great, you will definitely like him."

"Mom, I hate to break this to you, but I am hundred percent sure that he will either give up seeing my two creepy sisters and this creepy house, or not give up but end up dying. Like what others say, our family is a like a poisonous flower tempting everyone to touch. The thing is, once touched, they can die. So, just let the poor man go? Or just play around. There's no need to remarry," her eldest, Alliana, said while smiling sweetly and slipped a grape into her seductive mouth.

Among her three daughters, her eldest was the one who looked like her the most.

"Think about it mom. If you married him, at most two years later he will die. So just tumble around in bed without changing your surname," Alliana added as she licked her fingers seductively. Her long night gown was accentuating her figures.

"I bet he will have an unseen accident first. Maybe a woman of the past carrying his child will appear at the day of your marriage and break your heart," Ariana said, fueled by the dog-blooded drama she binge-watched.

In fact, this incident actually happened before, when their mom tried to remarry. Good thing that man got busted before he married their precious naïve and hopelessly romantic mother.

"Or maybe he will die of sudden disease or get murdered by his co-worker," Angel said.

This incident also happened before. When her mother was about to remarry another man, her fiancé suddenly collapsed and was hospitalized. It was discovered that he has an HIV disease. At this time, he had already died.

Her mother had to do various health and genealogical checks to ensure she did not get the disease.

Another one was a president of a company. One month before the marriage, he got into a fight with his long-time employee because of a grudge over the years. After several underhanded moves, the man ended up dead.

These men's true colors showed up before the supposed marriage.

The three daughters did not know if they should be thankful for these unfortunate incidents or not. Although it stopped their mother from getting married with scums, her reputation as a cursed flower also got worse.

In a way, all these affected them as well. They had long given up on having a normal romantic relationship with men.

It was only recently that their mother finally decided to remarry yet again with the man she had been dating for a year. They never asked for his name before since they knew that he would not stay for long and he would be gone.

And now, facing their mother's lively expression and obvious hopes of remarrying, the three young women felt a bitter taste in their mouths.

How come their mother still did not learn from her past relationships?

They had different personalities but they had one thought.

Their family was definitely cursed, and this time, it would not be any different.