The Romantic Couple

Well, since they were already talking about marrying, it was in fact really too fast and there was no point thinking further about being fast or slow.

And at her mother's age, there's no point in dragging the relationship. Still, Alliana was not convinced in this upcoming marriage. It would end like those past marriages where her mother was the one who suffered the most.

However, Alliana knew that there's no point in convincing her stubborn mother to give up love.

"If you want a meet and greet, you should ask grandpa and grandma instead." Alliana threw this hot potato to her grandparents.

"Your grandparents are on the other side of the world. They cannot travel that far. All I need this time are just you three girls. So please, come, okay?"

Alliana did not answer. She would never attend a meet and greet with any man her mother had dated.

They would be gone soon anyway.

It was useless to invest in emotions.

"Yana?"

"Mom, my lunch is here. I need to eat first while it is still hot. I still have many things to do."

"Yana, just promise me that you will come. Ariana and Angel will also be coming. This will leave you in a bad impression if you are the only one--"

"Mom, I need to hang up now, bye."

Alliana put the phone down.

Her mother would just act pitifully to make her attend this dinner.

Letting out a deep breath, she stared thoughtfully for a moment.

She remembered what her mother said before ending the call.

Ariana and Angel would come?

Hah. As if.

Her mother was obviously lying. Those two would never come.

Even though the three sisters had different personalities and preferences, they have one mind when it came to their mother's love life.

Alliana started eating after throwing away her mother's invitation at the back of her mind.

****

Later in the evening, in a prestigious Michelin restaurant, a soft violin music was playing in the background.

Near the top to ceiling window was a table for two with a romantic view of the night's city lights in the capital.

The gorgeous woman sitting at one side of the table sipped water with a disappointed expression. "We reserved a table for five. Yet in the end, we ended up with a table for two."

Annie Chu sighed. Her silky hair smoothly cascaded down on her white shoulders with her movement.

She was dazzling under the soft, golden light.

The tall man in front of her reached out and held her hand.

"It's all me, I apologize. I should have visited your daughters personally to invite them to this dinner. Even my brother..." The man's dark brown eyes flashed with regret.

He lightly squeezed his fiancee's hand and said sincerely. "It's my fault. I should have convinced your daughters and my brother more."

Annie Chu shook her head gently. "No, its not your fault. I understand that your brother is busy handling your family's business. My Alliana is the same. She even eats her breakfast and lunch in the office sometimes. It's just that... It's a pity that we are about to get married soon, yet they haven't met the amazing you."

George Tang's eyes softened. His heart that he thought would not beat again thumped loudly in its ribcage from the woman's words and soft eyes.

He kissed her hand with affection. "I think the same way. It's too bad, my brother missed the opportunity to meet the most amazing woman whom his brother is about to marry."

Annie Chu broke into a shy smile. Her beautiful eyes were twinkling.

The sad atmosphere was gone, replaced by the ambiguous allure of love and roses.