Morning Coffee

The car journeyed on the road for twenty minutes before it stopped on one of the tallest high-end buildings in City A. 

 The moment the car stopped, a chauffer was already waiting for outside. 

Beside the chauffer was Alliana's secretary who had been on edge since morning.

When the secretary saw his boss, he hastily greeted her and reported the urgent matter today. 

"Good morning, Ms. Alliana. Mr. Tan had been waiting for you inside the office since an hour ago." 

 Alliana raised her brow. That Mr. Tan seemed too excited to meet her. 

 She checked her Piaget watch for the time, and was stunned to see that she was actually almost an hour late for the meeting. 

 Ah... She was the one who was tad late. 

 "Oh, my bad. Did you at least entertain him?" 

 Alliana had not met this Mr. Tan yet, the CEO of a conglomerate company that they needed to be in partnership with for the upcoming project. 

Today would be the first. And she likely already left a bad impression for their first meeting. 

Alliana was used to having a bad reputation. But when it came to business, she was very strict to herself.It was the first time she was late for her work. It must probably be because of the disturbing news that her mother threw at them yesterday night that she drank too much wine. 

The assistant sweated at Alliana's question. 

"I asked Mr. Tan if he wants to have his brunch or coffee here but he refused." 

 Alliana's brow rose again. 

"You don't ask people if they want food or drinks. You serve them directly. Then it depends whether they want to eat or not. It's important that we do our part, understood?" 

 The assistant nodded profusely.

 "Yes. Ma'am."

 Alliana strode off to the elevator while her assistant continued to report the schedule for today. 

'Ding.' 

 The elevator opened. 

 Alliana walked out with her head high and chin up. She walked confidently in a normal pace. 

Even though she was late, she would not allow herself to quicken her steps and lose her bearing in front of her employees. She would just apologize to Mr. Tan later and probably owe him a dinner. 

After all, no man, may they be married or not, would be able to refuse her invitation. This was why people called her a succubus, an enchantress, a temptation that no man could refuse. 

 The employees who saw her walking on the hallway instantly froze and bowed their heads in greeting. 

They dared not look into her eyes. 

The ones who were walking on the hallway stopped and gave way to her while stammering a good morning greeting. 

 Alliana just took all these with an arrogant smile and confident look. 

She was the boss here, so naturally, her employees would be afraid of her.It was not only because she held their career life in her hands, she was also ruthless when someone offended her. 

Firing them was not enough, she would make sure that none of her subsidiary companies as well as the other companies she had relations with would ever want those employees who offended her, even it was by accident. 

 Because of this, she got the title of a ruthless CEO. 

 She was about to walk by the lounge when she suddenly heard someone talking about her past scandal ahead. 

 "I can't believe that she dumped Mac Gregory just because he did not get the role! I mean, Mac Gregory is one of the hottest guys in J Entertainment. I have seen him once and he is totally a killer! Our CEO must be wrong in the head," a brown-haired girl said while sipping coffee. 

 Alliana finally slowed down. They were talking about Mac Gregory?Mac Gregory was her recent ex-boyfriend. A famous actor who had millions of fans due to his handsome face and masculine bachelor aura. 

But for Alliana, he was just a loser who could not get a role even after bribing the director. 

 The two women in front of the speaker also nodded their heads. 

They had not noticed Aliana yet, or else they would not have commented on what the short woman said. 

 "I totally agree. Before Mac Gregory, she also flirted with Mr. Pang. Mr. Pang might have a bastard child, but he was still handsome and a billionaire at that!"The sour smell of envy could be heard. 

 Alliana stopped walking several steps away from them and crossed her arm.It just so happened that there was a counter protruding from the wall to the height of a woman's chest with decorative items on top. 

The girls were gossiping at the other side too focusedly, so even when Aliana was a few steps away, they never noticed her. 

 Aliana continued to stare musingly. 

 Mr. Pang, that man really did look like a husband material man on the surface. He was sweet to her for a month. But she broke up with him after seeing how he treated his son like he was just someone whom he had to give money to then ignore. 

 Alliana hated men who did not treat their children well, even if the child was something they wanted or not. She had great fathers and it was something she was looking for in a man whether she dated seriously or not. 

 "Right, right. I bet our President is looking for a man with over the top qualities. She might not even end up marrying! Her man can only be imaginary then—" 

The second woman suddenly stopped speaking when she saw Alliana's assistant. Her eyes widened, then swept to the side. 

 She saw Alliana who was also looking at them with a sweet smile yet cold eyes.It was as if a snake was coldly watching in silence and suddenly struck forward, biting. 

 "!!!!" 

The woman was frightened that she felt like her soul escaped her body. Her face paled. She instantly shut her mouth and looked down. 

 The other woman also saw Alliana and was now shivering in terror.It was only the short brown-haired woman who did not see Alliana, because her back was facing her. 

 She continued on her rambling about her boss. 

 "I am still angry that she broke my Gregory's heart. Mac Gregory is refusing to get another role unless that witch takes him back! Why is she getting all the good guys anyway? Can't they see that she is such a bad woman with the worst reputation ever? So what if she is a beauty? She only inherited it from her cursed mother anyway." 

 Alliana who was smiling since earlier suddenly had her eyes flash dangerously.