32 - The warmth of family

Can

I spent the morning in eager anticipation, left to run a few errands regarding my approach maneuvers, and returned to the boat immediately.
I had a lot to do to prepare the next steps to win back Sanem's heart.

Before lunch Yusuf returned with his fishing boat and I invited him to lunch on the boat, he was very happy.
I told him about my father's joy in knowing of Nihat's existence and that he would be back in the afternoon to see him, I was really excited about that.

It was almost time and, with sweaty palms from the excitement, I got off the boat to join Sanem who I could see was already sitting under the willow tree with Nihat.
He saw me coming and greeted me with a smile.

- Hoşgeldiniz, welcome -

- Hoşbulduk, welcome -

Nihat was learning to sit up, Sanem had put pillows behind his back to support him, he was there all happy waving his arms and legs at seeing me. My heart skipped a beat. How could anyone get used to this?
I sat down next to him and instinctively the little one lunged towards me to be held. I smiled and hugged him excitedly, and just then my father came around the corner.

He stopped in his tracks and I saw him wipe away a furtive tear before approaching.

- Merhaba, hello-

- Hoşgeldiniz, welcome - Sanem greeted him as he stood up.

I got up with little Nihat in my arms, proudly approached him and said

-Hoşgeldiniz babam, this is Nihat, your grandson-

Aziz was now crying ostentatiously, he didn't even try to hide it, you could see that his arms were trembling with desire, there was no need for words.
I gently placed the baby in his arms, it was a moment of extreme emotion for everyone, even Sanem had tears in his eyes, she reached out and put her arm behind Aziz's back to support him.
He smiled at her, happy and excited.

Sanem

How sweet to see this man crying with emotion seeing his grandson for the first time, my heart clenched at the thought of what my daddy would feel, but I quickly chased him away, that was not the time. Now there was only Aziz and Nihat.

I looked at Can's face, he was ecstatic at the sight of his son in his grandfather's arms for the first time. He looked proud and touched, he had such a sweet smile on his face that it gave my heart a squeeze. How much I love him!

He was an imposing man who under a mountain of muscles hid a sensitive soul, it could not be otherwise, to become a successful photographer you must first be able to recognize and capture an emotion with a click otherwise there is no meaning in that shot.

I invited Aziz to sit on the rocking chair while I brought the tea, I watched them from the window while I waited for it to be ready. Aziz kept smiling at little Nihat who was toddling around happily while Can was enjoying the situation, passing his eyes from one to the other.
How beautiful the three Divits were all together.

I brought out the tea and the baklava I had prepared for the occasion, Can helped me with the cups while advising his father

- Babam you have to taste this baklava, it is baya baya baya iyi, very very good -

I smiled amused at his attempt to recover after the gaffe of a few days before, I hoped he was sincere and that he really appreciated it.

Hours passed in total harmony, we were happy to be there together to experience that moment. Aziz told us some funny anecdotes about Can's childhood and asked me some questions about the little one, he seemed to want to know everything about his nephew.

Can

I listened to their chatter in silence, I enjoyed that magical moment that had the taste of family warmth, I had to win back her heart at all costs and give her back her family that she loved so much and missed terribly.

Only then would I be a man in satisfaction.