40 - Abla (Sister)

Can

Waking up with my family in my arms was an exhilarating feeling, I had slept wonderfully as I hadn't in ages.

I looked at her enchanted, during the night Nihat had woken up and Sanem had taken him to his bed to nurse him and then slept between us until morning.
My arm was her pillow while the other one held both the treasures of my life, the little one embraced between our hearts.

Sanem woke up slowly realizing in a moment where and especially with whom she was, she gave me a sweet and sleepy smile, for me she was a work of art.
We looked at each other moved by the beauty of that new situation, we were happy.

I started the day with renewed vigor, I prepared breakfast for my woman, what pleasure this thought gave me, thinking of all the things I had to do to start our life together.

I kissed Sanem and Nihat before going to change and leaving for the agency, I had a photo shoot for the campaign of the new fashion company, I had to go and prepare the set.

As I drove I thought about how much I had to do and what was in store for us that evening, I couldn't wait.

I returned in the late afternoon tired but excited, I told my father, took a quick shower on the boat and then went in search of the loves of my life.
I found them under the usual willow tree playing on the deck, I lay down with them, I took little Nihat in my arms without forgetting to give a passionate kiss to my Sanem, she seemed more radiant than ever that day and I loved her to death.

At a certain point I told her that I needed to go and get something from the boat and I left, I had heard the noise of the car, I moved towards the road to welcome them.

They were already out of the car and hand in hand were coming towards me, as soon as she saw me Layla froze in her tracks.
I could understand how she felt, I approached her decisively and took her hand.

- I understand that you are angry with me Layla, I can't blame you, because of me for over a year you no longer have your sister by your side, I can only apologize, my pride was the cause of so much pain for everyone.
I hope that in time you will forgive me, but now I must ask you to trust me and Emre, come with me, Lütfen, please.
I felt her resisting my hold, she was struggling to trust me, how could I blame her.
- Lütfen, it's for the good of all, if not for me, trust Emre, please.

She looked at her husband who urged her to follow me and nodded, sighing she nodded as well and agreed to come with me to the small cottage.

Layla

We were heading towards a pretty building on the banks of the Bosphorus, but instead of entering we went around it and ..... I stopped again on my steps as soon as I turned the corner.
I was literally stunned, my eyes wide with surprise, I brought my hand to my mouth remaining for a few moments interdicted then ....

- Abla? Sister, Saneeem? -

Sanem looked up and was petrified, she never imagined that her sister was standing there in her hidden hideout.

- Abla? -

I ran to her and Sanem did exactly the same thing at the same time, we collided halfway hugging each other as if our survival depended on that hug. We remained in each other's arms crying for an interminable time.

Between the tears and the sobs, at a certain point I focused on the little toddler Sanem had just before on the blanket where she was sitting. I loosened my embrace to look into her eyes.
- Sanem? What are you doing here? Who is that child? -

- Don't tell me .... I can't believe it! -

My eyes widened again, I gasped at the realization, the realization that I was an aunt, that I had a grandchild. I couldn't believe it! My sister, my little sister was a mom, she had a baby.

I hugged her tightly again, I realized in a split second what had happened in that year away, I realized that alone, completely alone, she had faced a pregnancy and a birth.
I felt so guilty, what had I done to not deserve her trust? Why hadn't she told me? A thousand questions crowded my head but that was not the time, now I just had to hold my little sister tight and above all it was time to meet my nephew.

Sanem evidently thought the same thing because he took my hand and led me under the big willow tree, he took the baby in his arms and smiling he told me:

- Meet my son, your grandson, meet Nihat-.

Hearing that name I couldn't help myself, I instinctively approached and hugged them together crying, the little one was obviously amused by this because he began to laugh and babble waving his hands in our hair.

We moved away to look into each other's eyes and admire little Nihat who was performing one of his most beautiful smiles in honor of his aunt.

Can and Emre approached slowly.

- Here is another uncle who would love to be introduced to his nephew, you know? - said Emre.

Emre

I still couldn't get over the fact that Can and Sanem had a baby, that I had become an uncle.

I had had several days to get used to the idea, but seeing that perfect little being in Sanem's arms made that abstract thought a flesh-and-blood presence, and it was a wonderful presence.

Seeing us approaching, little Nihat sprinted towards his father, clearly indicating that he wanted to be held, Can was obviously moved, he too was probably still digesting this new reality. He took him and turned him towards me.

- Nihat, meet your Uncle Emre, we still don't know if your big blue eyes are those of Uncle Emre or Aunt Layla-

Smiling ecstatically, I reached out to take his hand, the little one held my finger tightly, conquering a piece of my heart forever, I had tears in my eyes and couldn't stop smiling.

At the beginning of their story I had hurt Can and Sanem, I would have regretted my actions forever but luckily they had managed to forgive me both.

Now they had given us this wonderful gift, she had been in a very difficult situation, she could have made different decisions and today this wonderful creature could not be here with us to give us immense joy. We could only thank Allah for Sanem's big heart that made her make the hardest but also the right choice.