54 A love for ever

Can

They have been years of intense joy and love.

Sanem brought all the beauty of the world into my life through our children and her smiles, she gave me a cozy nest full of love in which to live a full existence, from which I always felt free to take flight, sure to return to the welcoming arms of the companion I had chosen for life and our wonderful children, but from that nest, in fact, I had no desire to leave so much was the sense of peace and belonging that I felt from day one.

I have never gone too far with my work because it was inconceivable for me to be away from them that were the essence of my life, that made it full and worth living. I'm keeping my promise, I'm carrying out my mission to make her happy every single moment of our life together, I try to spoil her shamelessly giving her all the love I'm capable of feeling.

In the beginning it wasn't easy to raise three small children, but the love that bound us and us to our children always made everything seem natural, everything simple, thanks to the love and festivity that always reigned in our home . We had a wonderful family around us who supported us every step of the way, Mevkibe and Mihriban were exceptional grandmothers who helped us through the most critical moments, while the grandparents were always ready to spoil the grandchildren without any restraint.

Aunt Layla helped as much as she could until.... until she and Emre decided to contribute to make the family reunions even more rowdy and cheerful with the addition two cousins,  a boy and a girl,twins too need I say it? It's all the fault of the genes transmitted by daddy Nihat.

The cousins were joined in time by many friends, almost cousins, from Metin and Denise, who got married about six months after us, and from Deren who met an American cameraman during the filming of an advertising campaign, fell in love so madly that she got married in a month, giving birth to two children in the following three years.

Cey Cey and Ayhan had their happy ending when, a decidedly more mature Cey Cey, aware of what he wanted from life, decided to give up all hesitation. He took a 3 months leave from the agency, moved to Bursa in the apartment closest to Ayhan that he could find and did not return until he convinced her to follow him to Istanbul to marry him.

In all these years my great love for my sweet erkenci kuş has never waned, my dedication to this formidable woman, who raised three wonderful children and wrote four more successful novels, has only been able to grow over the years.
The joy in sharing every single day of my existence with her has only grown, I have loved everything about the woman I chose and our life together.

I could see every single day on her finger the ring I gave her when I asked her to marry me that reminded me of what can happen if we let the dark part of each of us prevail, and I have constantly chosen to let the bright part of my moon shine, to let her shine.

The children have grown up and gone their own ways, and this year we celebrated 25 years of marriage with a big party in the garden of our house, which has been the guardian and witness up to now of a wonderful life made of love, joy and passion. We danced, as we did at our wedding, to the notes of a song that I loved so much and that represents exactly how I feel now and forever.

I told her once again - This song is for you, listen carefully to the words, each one of them is a promise from me to you, I promise you all this and more -

I have loved my Sanem deeply from the first moment in that lodge, from that first look I  laid on an unknown and impertinent employee, I know I will love her forever because I am more and more convinced of that:

I am hers and she is mine.

Sanem

How much love has my albatross given me over the years?

He has amply repaid me for the year of anguish and bewilderment I spent without him, he has kept his promise to spend every single day of his life making it up to me and making me happy. He has been a wonderful father to our children who adore him, Daddy's princess in a special way actually, because he has always been able to be a playmate, guide, support and welcoming hug for all of them.

In these 25 years he has been an amazing husband, sweet, passionate, funny, loving and so much more.

We have never been bored together, every day has been an adventure and a discovery of ourselves and us together. He supported me in every work choice by following me on my promotional tours with endless pride and dedication.

He only had eyes for me, although I could often see the admiring gaze of the women who crossed his path, as I only had  eyes for him. My superb albatross has been everything a woman and wife could want and I thank Allah for bringing him back to me, for bringing him to that secluded corner of the coast to return him to my arms.

We traveled so much and, as he had promised me, we did it together discovering corners of the world that left me breathless with majesty and beauty. Every feeling was amplified by experiencing those emotions together with him and our children.

Many more journeys await us now that the kids are grown up and leaving the nest for the world that awaits them out there, full of opportunities and possibilities.

I wish them to one day find a hug that makes them feel at home, a heart that knows how to beat in the other's chest in unison with their own, a smile that makes their knees tremble, a caress that stops the heart.

I wish him to find Love, true Love, the one with a capital A, the one that frightens, that makes you tremble, that shakes you in the depths of yourself but that allows you to feel amplified a million times all the sensations of the world.

I wish them to live a unique love, as it was that of their parents, a love that was burned by uncertainties and misunderstandings but that had in itself that disruptive force that nothing could destroy and that allowed him to be reborn from the ashes.

I am Sanem, a girl from the neighborhood, I was born to meet my albatross, I found him, I lost him but destiny and love brought him back to me for a forever that needs no words because....

...I am his and he is mine.

Forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last chapter of this story, an exceptional love story of the two Erkenci kus characters who stole our hearts.

I wanted to imagine that their love took a different direction, I hope you loved reading it as much as I loved writing it.

Thank you all for the beautiful words you left for me in the comments 💓