39 - A new beginning

Yusuf

They came back when the sun had just set, we saw them coming out from around the corner of the house hand in hand and dreamy faces.

I exchanged a glance of understanding with Aziz and Mihriban, our boys were radiant and we were happy for them, they deserved all the joy of the way after going through such difficult times.

Aziz

Seeing them hand in hand brought tears to my eyes, I got up and ran to them to embrace them in a single hug.
I loved Sanem as the daughter I didn't have, she was the right woman for Can, she was his one and only.
I knew what that meant, and I thanked Allah that he had spared my son a life of regret as I had lived it.

Mihriban

They couldn't take their eyes off each other, they were beautiful together.
I saw Aziz hugging them with emotion, I was happy for all of them, a family had been reconstituted.
Nihat was going to grow up with his father and grandfather Aziz was going to spoil him in a shameful way, I was sure of it, it was right that it was so.

They took little Nihat from Yusuf's arms and locked him in a single embrace, they held him there, close between their hearts.
They were beautiful, I took my phone and took a picture of them, it was a moment to capture in a snapshot for life.

Can turned to me looking for my gaze, it was clear that he was asking for my approval, he knew we were very close and obviously feared my judgment.

I nodded in approval, I knew he was everything Sanem wanted and I had seen the way he looked at her, it was clear he loved her deeply.
Events had torn them apart, but true love is bound to find a way sooner or later.
Would it have been the same for me? Who could have known?

Sanem

My joy was uncontainable, I couldn't stop smiling while Can couldn't move away from me, he kept a hand on my shoulder, he stroked my hair softly looking at me with so much love in his eyes.

It was getting late, time to bring the little one home and.... start our life together.

We said goodbye to everyone and headed home with Can holding Nihat with one arm and me by his side with the other, we were as happy as ever.

I prepared the baby for the night while Can, leaning lazily with his arms folded against the doorframe, followed my every move.
He came forward when he was ready to sleep, took him in his arms, put him on one shoulder and took me, letting me rest my head on his chest on the other side.
He began to rock as if he were dancing to the sound of imaginary music, stroking my back and alternating small kisses from my forehead to Nihat's. I was in heaven.

Once he was asleep he laid him gently in his crib and turned to look at me, I was nervous and I think it was pretty obvious because he smiled, grabbed the baby monitor from the nightstand and, taking me by the hand, led me out of the room.
He put his arm around my shoulders and we walked towards the pier, it was time for our evening date with the stars.

Our friends stars, who had been silent witnesses to our falling in love, our painful separation, our gradual rapprochement, were now to see us finally together, deeply in love and finally happy.

We sat down on the table, he opened his legs to make me sit against his chest and hugged me tightly.

We stayed like that for hours, in a finally peaceful silence.
He gently caressed my hair and arms, intertwined his hands with mine while placing small kisses on my neck and cheeks. Finally he kissed me for a long time with passion but also with something else, it seemed almost reverence, he treated me like something fragile, precious.
He had never made me feel so loved.

Can

My rare pearl was finally back where it belonged, in the shell of my arms.
I was ecstatic, I wanted to enjoy every single moment, every single feeling.

I wanted her to feel how special she was to me, I wanted to make her feel loved and wanted but also treated with all the respect that a wonderful being like her deserved.

We remained for hours in that state of bliss in a new silence, more complicit than ever, more aware.

It was getting late, I invited her to get up and I took her by the hand to go back home, I felt her getting nervous. I stopped and looked at her, taking her in my arms.

- This time we're going to do it right Sanem, I want you to be mine when you finally become Mrs. Divit. Let's go home, I just want to hold you in my arms all night, I want to hold you tight and inhale your wonderful scent. You need to get used to this again, I'm aware of that, I love you so much Sanem we have our whole life in front of us to love each other.-