42 - Jealousy

Sanem

By this time Can had brought most of his clothes to me, in the morning we would wake up in each other's arms, have breakfast and then he would leave for the agency while I devoted myself to writing.
The afternoons were all about us, our family, we took long walks, went out on the boat, even went to the park and rented bikes. Can was a sight to behold with little Nihat in the car seat in front of him and, I must say, I noticed that he had also attracted quite a few female stares as he passed by.

That morning we said our goodbyes as usual, I hurriedly got ready to go into town, I had an appointment with Alì to take stock of the second book that I had practically finished.

I hurried to take Nihat to Denise's house to head towards the city center where we had an appointment at the usual restaurant, I hoped she wouldn't insist on revealing my identity in conjunction with the launch of the second book. I had no desire to leave Can, now that we had reunited, to go off on promotional tours.

Can

I was so happy, my life was finally taking a turn for the better, work was ramping up at the agency after word got out that I was coming back and would be photographing future campaigns.

Sanem had accepted my proposal of marriage and was regaining confidence with me, slowly getting used to having me around all the time.

In the meantime, I was moving to the next step, I was almost ready, I would soon act.

I left the agency with Aziz to meet a new client outside for lunch, we had been at the table for a while when I saw the man I had seen having lunch with Sanem some time before come in. I wrinkled my forehead, I hadn't expected to see him again and a strange feeling tugged at my heart, I trusted Sanem, I couldn't think that she was more than honest with me.

I felt the ground missing under my feet when I saw her come in a little later, she hadn't told me she was coming to town, I saw her join the man at the table and sit down starting to talk to him.

I was troubled, I wanted and had to trust her, she had to be the basis of our new relationship and after all we had been through, I had made up my mind to always be frank and transparent so.... I got up to go to them.
I was never going to let doubt and uncertainty come between us again.

She had her back to me while the man looked at me curiously when he realized I was headed to their table, he raised a questioning eyebrow.

I flashed my best smile - Selam - Sanem looked up amazed to see me there .

- Can? What are you doing here? -

- I am here for work aşkım and you? -

I saw her hesitate, slightly embarrassed and my heart missed a beat.

- Well, I'm also here on business, I would like you to meet Ali.

- Hello Ali, Can Divit - I shook his hand a little too forcefully and saw him wince.

I waited for Sanem to continue, I couldn't stop myself from being jealous, I know I couldn't have any doubts about Sanem, if he had agreed to marry me there shouldn't be anyone else in his life otherwise he would never have done it, but it was stronger than me, I was holding my breath waiting for the rest of the explanation.

- Well that's it, Ali is my editor-

A huge sigh came out of my lungs, I think my friend understood the situation very well because I saw him laughing under his moustache.

- Your editor, I see, it was a pleasure to meet you Ali, I'll leave you to your work and go back to mine, see you later at home aşkım - I shook Ali's hand and anyway, to make the situation clearer, I printed a nice kiss on her lips before beating a retreat.

Stupid goat that you are Can, I hoped Sanem hadn't realized that I had been the victim of an acute jealousy attack, but in my defense I could say that at least I hadn't caused any misunderstandings, I had definitely taken the bull by the horns right away. Ah Can Ah!

Sanem

So my beloved was jealous, I couldn't help but be pleased even though I couldn't believe that he thought I could even remotely look at another man, I hadn't done it when he was gone let alone if I could do it now that he was back with me.

I smiled with amusement, I had to give him credit, he had changed, the Can Divit I knew before would have been consumed by jealousy but would not have said anything, now he had taken the situation head on, this gave me hope for the future, he had understood that any problem that might arise between us had to be discussed openly and dealt with.

Well done Can Divit!