19. The x Nen x Exorcist

Gon takes a deep breath, focusing his mind on the aura that flows through his body. The cool night breeze blows through his hair and causes goosebumps to rise on his skin.

"Show me rock," Gon proceeds to ball his fists and focus the Aura into his hands, a blinding white light illuminating the area around him. The sensation ran up his fingers and into his arms.

"You know that's not a good idea," Gon opens his eyes and looks over his shoulder to see Killua standing beside the doorway.

Gon smiles a little before he lets the aura release and the bright light dims before it's completely gone.

"You're right. I just wanted to see," Gon laughs nervously.

"It's coming back, though?" Killua asks as he moves to stand beside Gon at the end railings of the roof.

Gon nods. "I had to start all over again, but it's coming back pretty quick."

"That's good," Killua hums as he looks out at the lights of Swardani City.

Gon places his hand on the cold rail and looks at Killua.

"Did Alluka fall asleep?" He asks.

"Out like a light," Killua smiles.

They both go silent and look out at the city around them. The moon was full and cast a pale blue glow over the buildings. The stars were barely visible, outshined by the moon.

"I'm worried about tomorrow," Gon whispers honestly. Killua looks over at Gon to see he was smiling sadly.

Killua exhales a puff of breath. "Tell me about it."

They knew that Milumi would have to be exorcised tomorrow of the Nen that man placed upon her.

"She had said that Nen ability controls emotions," Killua thinks aloud. "And that it's activated when the user touches another person."

"But how could it have made her do all that?" Gon asks.

"If it runs off emotions, he must've heightened all the emotions within her till it overran her," Killua says, his brain working quickly. "It made her fear everyone."

"I get it," Gon nods. "Because there's no way she would've did any of that."

Killua nods and let's put a groan. "Nen can be so confusing."

"Aha, don't get me started," Gon laughs. He immediately thought of Knuckle's Nen ability, the thought alone making his brain hurt.

•••

Illumi scoffs at the sigh of Milumi taking up two seats as she slept.

"Get up." Illumi snaps.

Milumi groans before she rolls over on her side. "Go away."

"We're here."

Milumi slowly opens her eyes and glares at Illumi as he turns and walks towards the main doors.

She pushes herself up into a sitting position and looks out the window to see the gleaming city before her.

Her face bursts into a smile as she quickly rolls over and rushes to the door beside Illumi as they slide open.

"We gotta go to the Hunters Association," Milumi says as she steps off the airship and pulls her phone out to dial Killua's number.

A rush of joy floods her body as she thinks of her two younger siblings waiting for her.

She stops when she hears the doors shut behind her and turns to see Illumi's cold black eyes on the other side of the glass window. Illumi hadn't gotten off.