07. Her x Fear x Overpowers

Gon and Killua step off the airship once they land in Zaban City. Killua planned to search the area before going to see Illumi to make sure Milumi wasn't in this the area.

Gon had agreed on this idea and was glad Killua thought of it. Thankfully, they had both gotten rest on the way in and they were ready to start looking.

"We should get a map," Gon says. "I'm sure the villages will be marked. Or maybe we could ask someone first. The locals may know something."

Killua nods with his hands behind his head. "You go ahead and ask around out here. I'll go in a store and grab a map."

Gon nods and rushes towards the middle of the town. There were people walking around and chatting with one another in groups.

"Excuse me," Gon calls as he stops before a group of three men and two women.  They all looked to be in their mid thirties. They all look at Gon with curious eyes. He smiles before he continues speaking. "Hi! I was wondering if you knew anything about the murders going on in the nearby villages?"

"Oh man," one of the men sighs. "I heard about that."

"I heard it was wild animals," A woman says.

"Do you know what villages it happened in?" Gon asks politely.

"Towards the West," The woman says as she points. She looks back at Gon with a raised brow. "Why do you wanna know, kid?"

Gon laughs. "No reason. Thanks!"

Gon runs back to the shop Killua had gone into and looks around quickly before he spots a messy head of silvery hair. Gon walks towards Killua and sees he was drooling over ChocoBots.

"I found out it's to the West," Gon says.

Killua jumps at his voice and scowls. He quickly grabs a four bots and they walk to the front of the store. "The west, huh."

"Here," Gon hums as he grabs a pamphlet off a little shelf beside the cashier. He tosses it onto the counter as well as Killua's chocolate and they pay quickly before walking back out.

Gon pulls the map open and process to look over it while Killua stuffs his chocolate in his backpack. "There's three villages in that direction."

"Three," Killua hums as he taps his index finger against his chin while he gazes westward. "We better still go check it out. Whoever's commuting these murders should still be there since the Hunters got word about it today."

Gon nods and he tucks the map back into his bag. "They must be."

"You ready?" Killua grins.

Gon laughs and nods before he jumps up. "I'll race you!"

The two boys laugh together before they both rush off towards the West.

After nearly ten minutes, the two boys arrive at the base of a small hill, the outline of houses just ahead. They share a glance before they begin to walk up. They both stop at the sight of yellow tape surrounding the village. They could see the splatters of red staining the wood of the small homes as well as the red that spotted the green grass.

"We have to check the next one," Gon says to Killua.

Gon looks over to see his friend staring at the scene. Killua looked sad. The way his eyes focused on the now empty and silent homes showed Gon all he needed to know.

"Y-Yeah. Come on," Killua nods as he looks away and begins to walk to the right.

Gon sighs softly and follows right behind him. The next village was just over the hill while the other was straight ahead. The way they were set up was near each other and formed a triangle shape when viewed from above. Walking to the next village took about thirty minutes.