17. The x Leader's x Assistance

"Don't try anything stupid. We'll be right outside the door." Nobunaga mutters as he and the others walk past Milumi on their way out.

Even when she was a Troupe member, she was never really trusted. Milumi had kept her abilities a secret mainly because she disliked them and was only a spy for Hisoka at the time. Because she didn't show her Nen, the others became weary of her.

"So then," Chrollo begins. "I was told you have connections to the chain user."

"I do," Milumi responds as she takes closer steps to the man as their voices echoed in the room.

"He came to me himself," Chrollo continues. "A year or so ago, asking about you."

Milumi huffs. "Yes I know. He questioned me not long after that."

A small smile graces Chrollo's lips as he pulls his purple coat farther apart, placing his pale, broad chest on display. He taps the spot over his heart with his right index finger while keeping contact with Milumi.

"Then you're aware?"

"Fully." Milumi replies dully. "He used that on me as well. But that's not what I'm here to discuss."

"Then explain," Chrollo nods. "Sit."

Milumi sighs before she moves to sit on the slab beside the one Chrollo was seated on. She was extremely cautious, as Chrollo did have the ability to take her own and she couldn't afford that.

"Who replaced me?"

Chrollo looks up at Milumi's face in question. His eyes dart to her scar for a second, but with that glimpse he could see she was serious. "Replaced you?"

"Number four." Milumi says as she taps her finger against her thigh where her tattoo was located.

Chrollo notices and nods with a small smile. He understood because he had been there when she had gotten it. "Why would I tell you that? You're a traitor, aren't you?"

"Because I have reason to believe one of your members is out to kill me," Milumi snaps.

"Last I checked, you nearly killed Machi, did you not?" Chrollo questions with a sly look in his eyes. His slicked back hair allowed Milumi to fully see his face.

"She came after me. I wasn't going to allow her to take my life." Milumi replies. "Now, do you have someone that replaced me?"

Chrollo sighs. "You've grown bossy."

Milumi's teeth grit as she fights the urge to conjure a blade. She didn't have time for this. For all she knew, Qi could already be dead and Illumi was long gone. Her frustration would get the better of her and she'd die here too.

"Just answer the question, Chrollo." She snaps.

"They're my members and they may do as they wish as long as it doesn't involve the others. I don't see why your problems need to become my own," Chrollo responds simply. "You're no longer apart of the Troupe, so it's none of my business."

Milumi growls and, before she could fight it, the blade manifests in her hand. She instantly stands and holds the gleaming blade to Chrollo's throat.

"All I'm asking for is a name." Milumi snaps. "Remember, you don't have Nen and I could kill you here and now."

Chrollo's head was tilted up at her, his eyes taking in her clenched teeth and hostile eyes.

"I'm not asking for your help beyond that." Milumi says sternly. "Because of this person, I've become a danger. Not only to myself, but the people around me."

The room seems to go dead silent and still.

In a flash, Chrollo grabs Milumi's wrist and twists it. Milumi scowls at the pain and quickly uses her other arm to swing another blade. Chrollo easily catches once again and does the same thing, making her drop both knives.

"Dammit!" Milumi shouts.

Chrollo smiles. "Where did all the courage come from?"

"I just need to know their name, dammit!" Milumi shouts in annoyance.

The door bursts open and the others pile in immediately, ready to go after Milumi.

"We're fine." Chrollo says. "Get Machi."

Shizuku nods and they exit once again, scowls and glares on all their faces at the sight.

Chrollo releases Milumi and she plops back down on the stone slab, moving her now tender wrists.

"That's the most I've seen from you," Chrollo says as he sits back down as well.

Milumi sighs and shuts her eyes. "I'm just doing this so I can clear my name and keep my two younger siblings safe. That's it. I'm not asking for pity."

Chrollo observes her face once more before Machi enters.

The pink haired woman simply nods in acknowledgement at Milumi before she looks to the boss.

"How's he doing?" Chrollo asks.

"He's fine. I'm having Franklin and Nobunaga take him back to his home." Machi answers.

Milumi knows they're talking about Qi. Who else could it have been?

"I see." Chrollo nods. He looks to Milumi. "Your friend is fine. I wasn't sure if you wanted to know that or not."

Milumi nods once. "Thank you."

"That's enough," Chrollo says to Machi.

Her blue eyes dart to Milumi once again before she turns and exits the room.

"The one that replaced you is named Mikashi Yamato." Chrollo finally says.

Milumi can feel her stomach drop. So it was him. It was the young boy she thought she had known. Her old friend was the one behind the mess she caused.

Milumi sighs softly and nods. "Thank you."

She stands and begins to walk to the door.

"That's it?" Chrollo calls.

Milumi nods. "That's all I needed from you. But, why did you tell me? Did I really scare it out of you?"

Chrollo simply shrugs. "It's clear you have motive."

Milumi narrows her eyes. "Well, thank you."

Milumi opens the door and slips out.

"Done already?"

She looks at the face of Feitan, who stands beside the door with his arms crossed. His black bangs hung in his eyes as he looked at Milumi.

She nods and proceeds to walk past him. "Thank you."

"I'll be leaving now. No need to kill me." Milumi smiles as she walks past the others with a wave. They all watch as she easily slips out and disappears.

"I don't get why she and Hisoka get to come and go as they please," Nobunaga mutters.

"They're strong." Shizuku says.

"I don't doubt it," Shalnark adds as he messes with the red gadget in his hand.

Phinks chuckles. "You all saw how she left Machi the last time. Not too big of an accomplishment on her end, but still it's something."

"I don't see why you get to invalidate me like that," Machi snaps.

"Just saying."