09. Word x From x Hisoka

Illumi releases Milumi's throat and she falls to her knees in pure pain.

"Shit!" Milumi screams as she falls over and lays on her back, her fingers grabbing at Illumi's needle. It was much larger than any of the usual ones he used. Blood was already beginning to drip from the wound, the red liquid slipping into her hair.

"What the hell, Illumi?!" Killua yells as he slides to Milumi's side. Gon moves to the other side of her, pulling off his jacket to help stop the bleeding.

"It's for the best," Illumi says, his eyes looking over the area. "That person has no need for Milumi if her body isn't in top shape to kill for him."

He looks back down at them to be met with Killua's piercing glare. Illumi sighs, "Don't be mad, Kil. She won't die."

"I told you to get out of here," Milumi snaps at Killua and Gon. "Are you crazy? I could've killed you!"

"Shut up and let us help you!" Killua snaps right back.

Milumi's teeth clench as she reache up and takes the needle in her hand. Gon grimaces as Milumi rips it out quickly and drops it into the grass. Killua and Illumi don't seem fazed.

"Here," Gon says as he helps move Milumi so he could press his jacket to her head.

"We have to get out of here," Killua says and Milumi nods with a grimace. He moves to pull Milumi's left arm over his shoulders while Gon does the same to the right and Milumi manages to push herself to her feet.

"I want you all to come to Kukuroo Mountain," Illumi says.

"Like hell!" Killua snaps.

Illumi huffs. "Would you rather keep Milumi our in public where that person can gain control again? Or would you rather go home where they won't get in?"

Killua's eyes narrow. "You said you'd turn her in."

Illumi simply shrugs. "I was only kidding."

"You asshole," Milumi growls. "Whatever. Let's just go."

"Fine," Killua mumbles.

***

"Are you okay?" Gon asks Milumi softly.

The group were on a private airship Illumi had set up. Milumi had gotten a small amount of treatment to her wounds from Gon and was now laying back in a seat. Killua and Illumi were speaking elsewhere.

Milumi nods a little. Although her body felt sore and she didn't want to move, she said, "I'm fine."

Gon smiles. "Need anything else?"

She glances at him. "Why did you and Killua go to the villages?"

"Killua wanted to go back to Kukuroo Mountain to talk with Illumi and see if he knew anything about where you went," Gon says. "But we got off at Zaban City because we heard people were being killed. And we ran into you."

Milumi sighs softly. "You were looking for me."

"Of course!" Gon grins. "We were all worried about you."

"I see," Milumi whispers.

Meanwhile, Killua stood with Illumi next to the large windows that surrounds the side of the ships.

"Why did you show up?" Killua asks, glancing at Illumi.

"A friend of Milumi's had given me the tip," Illumi replies simply.

"Milumi's friend?" Killua says quietly.

He thought back to how Milumi had told him once she didn't have many friends. The only person who she really stayed with was...

"Hisoka?" Killua questions.

"Yes, that's right," Illumi nods as he crosses his arms, his eyes staying locked on the scenery.

"But how? No one else has heard from Hisoka for nearly a week now," Killua says, turning his body to face Illumi completely.

"That's how he wants to keep it," Illumi tells Killua, his eyes looking over at the younger. "I don't know what he's planning, but he did mention the word spiders. He told me not to speak of it."

"Spiders? The Phantom Troupe?" Killua gasps, his eyes growing wide as he looks at Illumi.

"I suppose," Illumi shrugs. "I haven't given it much thought myself."

Killua huffs as he rubs his bottom lip. Why the Troupe? Are they still angry with Milumi and Hisoka? It didn't make sense. Did it have to do with Milumi's disappearance? That man?

"But he wanted you to help her?" Killua asks with a raised eyebrow.

"More or less," Illumi says and he looks back out the window. "It was easy, really. All I had to do was make myself available to the Hunters Association. They gave me more details on the location and I showed up. Besides, Father didn't mind because of the pay it's bringing in."

Killua hums and looks back out the window as well, his hands stuffed in his pockets. His back ached from the fight with Milumi, but he tried not to show it.

"Did he tell you anything else?" Killua asks.

"He did not," Illumi replies.

So now Killua knew Hisoka was still alive, but watching from behind the scenes somehow. What was he planning? He helped Milumi without even being around and now he's gone again.

"Is that why we're going back?" Killua questions. "Because Hisoka wants you to protect Milumi?"

Illumi stays silent for a minute before he speaks.

"No. I'm taking you there because I'd like to question her myself," He says.

"Why?"

"I've helped Hisoka with the Troupe before, and this has caught my interest," Illumi says.

Killua looks down at his hands. Were they making the right choice by going there?

"I'm gonna go check on her," Killua says softly.

Illumi says nothing more as Killua turns and walks back down the hall to Gon and Milumi.

Killua smiles a little at the sight of Gon telling Milumi something, his hands gesturing while his arms flailed around. Milumi smiles and laughs at him.

"How are you feeling?" Killua asks as he approaches.

"Like I got stabbed. Oh wait," Milumi smirks sarcastically.

Killua rolls his eyes and sits down beside Gon. Milumi moves to sit up better, her hand touching the back of her head and she winces a little.

"Christ, Killua, you didn't have to drag me that hard," Milumi mumbles.

"It was either that or let you kill us," Killua snaps and crosses his arms. "A minor concussion is nothing."

Milumi snorts. "Minor?!"

"Whatever!" Killua shouts.

"Wouldn't have happened if you had just run," Milumi replies, her eyes narrowing.

"Can't you just be grateful? Jeez," Killua grumbles, his eyes looking out the window.

"I am," Killua looks back at Milumi to see her small smile, but there were tears in her eyes.

"Thank you both."