01. A x Missing x Friend

It had been a normal day. There had been nothing wrong with anyone.

At least, that's what Gon thought.

He cheered and laughed with Milumi as they walked down the hallway back to their rooms. They had been living within the Heaven's Arena now for a year. They had grown much stronger and there was only so many people who would try to fight Gon and Milumi.

Today was a day where someone thought they could bring down Milumi, only to have themselves injured and removed from the two hundredth floor with their loss.

"You did awesome!" Gon smiles at Milumi.

"Not so bad yourself," Milumi replies with her own grin.

Milumi always wondered why she had to be so short. She was twenty two years old and Gon was much younger than she was, yet he was going to be taller than her in no time.

"Where'd Bisky go?" Milumi asks as they walk. Their floor was normally quiet since not many people came this far and so their footsteps echoed off the beautiful floors and walls. To be honest, it felt lonely at times.

"She said she had something to take care of," Gon replies. He stops at his room door and turns to smile up at Milumi again.

"You're getting your Nen back," Milumi says softly with a smile.

Gon looks down at his hands. A light Aura expands around his palms before it fades. He nods a little, moving his fingers. "It's coming back. Really slow, but it's coming back."

"That's great," Milumi says with enthusiasm.

While they've been here, Gon explained to Milumi everything that happened while at the NGL. He explained why he couldn't use his Nen at the time and why he was struggling to get it back.

This experience brought the two closer as friends. Milumi had always felt comfortable around Gon, and now she fully trusted him and he saw her as a close friend.

"It's not as strong as yours yet," Gon laughs.

"I'm still learning," Milumi smiles. She had also been improving greatly with her Nen.

"We better get rest," Gon says as he looks down at the hallway. "Before Bisky comes back and she sees we're still up."

Milumi laughs and nods as Gon unlocks his door. "You're right. See you tomorrow!"

"Bye!"

Milumi's room was a little further down the hallway from Gon's. It was four doors down and on the other side of the hallway.

Gon slips inside his room and yawns with a stretch. He forgot how mentally and physically exhausting it was to train Nen again. Bisky had he and Milumi doing similar things to when Gon and Killua had first started using Nen, but now it felt even harder.

Gon knee he could do it, but there was something he couldn't figure out yet and it was cutting his Nen short. He still couldn't use his Jajanken yet, but he figured he wouldn't be able to.

Night had once again fallen over the large city and now lights of the many buildings illuminated the dark. From his room, the lights looked even tinier and the people and cars looked like bugs.

Gon smiles to himself before turning to get ready for bed.

•••