18. A x New x Enemy

"I'm here. What did you need?"

Chrollo looks up from his book to see Kalluto standing before him with his fan poised between his fingers.

"I'd like you to follow the woman that just left," Chrollo says.

"Who's the woman?" Kalluto asks softly.

"An old member. Her name is Milumi." He says.

Kalluto blinks slowly. Milumi? What're the odds? Could it be someone else shares the same name as his older sister? The one he hasn't seen in years?

"She left not too long ago and I'm sure you could catch up. No need to engage, I'd just like you to tail her and keep me updated," Chrollo says as he returns to his book. "Take Shizuku with you."

Kalluto nods stiffly before turning and walking out of the room.

Chrollo held a slight interest with Milumi. He wondered if her unknown abilities would somehow be able to assist him in the future.

Kalluto, on the other hand, wondered where his sister had come from.

•••

Milumi's stomach churned at the thought of her old friend as she walks back down the empty trails of Meteor City. He had been so kind to her and always had a smile. So what had driven him to do this to her?

He decided her life was worth ruining and that she was the one he would target. Milumi had no idea when he had even began practicing his Nen. He had even gotten Qi to go against her and now Milumi was sure she wouldn't see him again.

"I thought they'd killed you."

Milumi stops and glares to her left, seeing Illumi standing beneath the shadows of a few huts.

"And you'd have let them," Milumi scoffs.

Illumi shrugs. "I know Killua would've had a fit, but it's your fault if you don't protect yourself."

"You're the one that wanted to- you know what? Nevermind." Killala rolls her eyes. "We need to get back to the Hunters Association."

Illumi and Milumi begin to walk back towards the outskirts of the city, back to where they had first gotten off the airship.

"So where did you run off to?" Milumi asks.

"I hid. I figured there was no point in both of us getting caught," Illumi says with a sigh. "I didn't think you were dumb enough to get caught that way."

"Dumb or not, I got what I needed," Milumi snaps.

The large airship blows dust around their figures as it proceeds to lower to the ground, their hair blowing around their faces. Milumi pulls her shirt up to cover her face from the dust while Illumi doesn't seem to mind.

"Where to, Master Illumi?" The attendant asks with a small bow as the both of them climb on.

"To the nearest stop near the Hunters Association," Illumi replies.

•••

"Yeah? What is it?" Killua speaks into the phone with Alluka by his side. She and Gon watch with wide eyes as Killua nods. "Now? Alright. See you then."

"Is something wrong?" Gon asks, his big brown eyes full of concern as Killua hangs up.

The silver haired boy smiles. "Nothing at all. Milumi said she knows who this guy is and that her and big bro are on their way back."

"That was fast," Alluka says.

Gon nods. "They were only gone for a few days. How was she able to do that?"

Killua shrugs. "She said she'll explain more once she gets here."

"That's great," Gon smiles. "We can catch this guy and help Milumi."

Killua sighs softly. "I hope it's that easy."

Alluka tilts her head. "What do you mean?"

Killua glances out of the window from their hotel room. Bisky had gone to speak with the other Hunters that were still trying to track down Milumi and Hisoka.

"The Nen used on Milumi is extremely powerful," Killua whispers to himself. "We know that judging by how it had her nearly attack Alluka. We all know Milumi wouldn't hurt a fly."

Gon bites his lip. "I think I know where you're going with this."

Killua looks to his friend with a nod. "To free Milumi, we'll need a Nen exorcist."

"Aren't those harder to find?" Gon asks.

Killua nods. "And we can't just kill the guy because Nen can still be powerful in death."

"Does this mean we can't free big sister?" Alluka asks softly, her blue eyes wide.

Killua looks to Alluka with a smile as he pays her head. "Nope. We can. It'll just take a few more steps than we anticipated."

"We need to find a Nen exorcist so that when they come back, Milumi will be safe enough to explain to the Hunters what happened," Gon says.

Killua hums in agreement. "Then we better start looking."

•••

"An exorcist?" Bisky asks as the boys explain their current plan.

Gon nods. "It's the only way we can ensure Milumi doesn't pose a threat. If we give her an exorcist before she sees the Hunters, they'll see it wasn't her fault."

"And besides, we can't risk the chance that guy is around. He could do what he did the last time and that won't look good for Milumi," Killua adds. "Especially around pro Hunters."

The three of them were seated in the living area of the hotel room. Alluka had fallen asleep in Killua's bed.

"I see your point," Bisky nods. "And you spoke to Milumi?"

"I did. She called about an hour ago and told me they're on their way back now." Killua explains.

"Alright. I know the Hunters have a Nen Exorcist on stand by. We could speak with them and see if they'd be open to this plan." Bisky says.

"And if they're not? They'll arrest her on the spot," Killua argues.

"They'll have to do so regardless," Bisky says sternly. "To them, she poses a threat because they haven't seen your evidence. Once we explain, I'm sure they'll understand."

"Plus I don't think we should just sneak around their back," Gon says. "It would be more suspicious."

Killua sighs and nods before he falls back into his chair with a huff. "Why can't Milumi just stay out of trouble?"

"You sound like a parent," Gon chuckles.

Killua scowls. "I might as well be."

"So it's settled. We'll speak to the Hunters tomorrow morning before the two arrive." Bisky smiles as she stands up and fluffs out her light pink skirt. "You two better get some rest."

"Don't gotta tell me twice," Killua yawns as he stretches his arms over his head.

"See you in the morning," Bisky calls as she exits their room.

Killua pushes himself out of his seat and heads to Alluka while Gon walks to the door.

"Where are you going?" Killua calls as his ears hear Gon's movements."

"I'm gonna train my Nen on the roof," Gon replies.

Killua sighs and looks at his friend. "You know the old woman won't like you over doing it."

"Bisky wouldn't mind," Gon laughs nervously. "Besides, I'm getting better."

Killua nods. "Just don't push too hard."

Gon smiles. "I won't. Be back soon."

Killua waves and Gon slips out of the room.