03. Questions x From x Friends

Killua opens his eyes from his sleep to see Alluka asleep on his shoulder. Her breathing was soft and calming, her thick black eyelashes fluttering gently.

Across them, Gon and Bisky were also sleeping. Gon's face was smooshed against the window glass and Bisky had her head leaning back on the seat.

"Passengers, we are now reaching our destination," the intercom announces. "Please father all belongings and prepare to exit the airship."

Gon yawns as his eyes open slowly. His eyes are clouded with sleep and he looks over at Killua with a tired grin. "Are we here?"

Killua smiles a little and nods. He turns to wake up Alluka while Bisky wakes up and yawns.

•••

Gon clearly tenses up at the sight of the Heaven's Arena. The front was closed off by police officers while press reporters and onlookers all stand around watching.

"You think they cleared out the whole place?" Alluka asks.

"Probably not." Killua replies.

They all walk up to the main doors, being stopping by an officer.

"You can't enter-"

The group show their Hunters licenses, Killua holding Alluka close behind him. The police officer steps aside at the sight of the cards. "My apologies."

Killua walks ahead of the others and rushes inside.

He catches sight of only three Hunters and more police officers searching the area. It looked like the entire first floor had been cleared out.

"Excuse me!" Killua flinches at Gon's sudden yelling as he runs over to the Hunters.

One was a woman with curly pink hair that went to her shoulders. She had pale skin and bright yellow colored eyes and wasn't much taller than Killua. She wore a baby pink top that went off her shoulders and a matching flowery skirt with a pair of black shoes. She had rings on her fingers and multiple necklaces around her neck.

The other two were male. One had short black hair and deep green eyes. He was much taller than the other man and woman. He wore a plain white button up shirt that had a few buttons undone at the top. The shirt had the hunters logo on the front breast pocket along with a pair of black pants and shoes.

The other man had light brown hair and black glasses that framed his brown eyes. He seemed more on the quiet side. He wore a long caramel colored trench coat that was buttoned all the way up with a dark pair of pants and black shoes.

"Can we help you?" The black haired man asks as he turns to Gon with his arms crossed.

"Have you figured anything out yet?" Gon asks quickly.

The man raises an eyebrow as he looks down at Gon. "Why would we tell you-"

"My name is Gon Freeccs. I'm a friend of Milumi's." Gon says immediately. His eyes met with the mans and didn't waver once.

"So you're the one that made the call," the woman pipes in with a smile. Her voice was high pitched and far too cheery for the situation. She pushes the tall man to the side and sticks her small hand out to Gon. "Momoko. I'm a licensed Lost Hunter. Nice to meet you."

Gon nods at her and shakes her hand. "Nice to meet you too."

Momoko lets go of Gon's hand and slaps a hand against the arm of the black haired man. "This grumpy old man is Kai."

"I'm Haruto," the brown haired guy says with a small wave. Killua can't help but think he looked extremely weak.

"Nice to meet all of you," Bisky smiles. "But we're here to see if you can get Milumi back."

"We're certified Hunters," Momoko smiles. "Of course we'll find her!"

"Do you hear that, big brother?" Alluka whispers to Killua with a smile. "They'll find big sister."

Killua takes her hand and squeezes gently as a response.

"What can we do to help?" Killua asks.

"There's not much you can do," Kai replies sternly. "Let is do our jobs and we can get this over with as soon as possible."

"You want us to sit around and wait?" Gon questions. Killua picks up on the annoyance in his tone and his fists clench.

Killua takes a deep breath and nods. "Right."

Gon looks at Killua with wide eyes.

"We'll leave it to you for now," Killua continues.

Killua turns and walks out of the Arena with Alluka beside him, their fingers still interlaced.

•••

The rest of the evening, Killua stayed in his hotel room. Alluka was in Bisky's room next door because of boredom.

Gon knocks on Killua and Alluka's hotel room room at seven in the evening, the sun drifting down and the sky turning a peachy pink color.

"Oh, hey," Killua pulls the door open and Gon steps in quickly without a word.

Killua's eyes widen in surprise and he lets the door shut behind him. Gon stands in the middle of the room, silent.

"Something wrong?" Killua asks softly.

"Killua," Gon says quietly. He wasn't looking at him at all. "I'm worried about Milumi."

Killua's gaze softens and he runs his fingers through his hair with a sigh. "I told you, you don't need to be-"

Gon spins around to face Killua, eyes narrowed. "I know what you said. But I can't help it. She wouldn't just disappear like this. How are you not worried? She's your sister."

Killua sighs and sits down on the edge of the bed. "I am worried, Gon. Probably more than anyone."

Gon stays silent.

Killua was worried for Milumi. Why was there no trace from her? It made no sense. And now they had to bring Hunters in to find her. It was weird.

"This might sound selfish," Gon whispers and Killua lifts his head to look at his friend. "But...can't Alluka bring her back?"

Killua's eyes widen.

"You've told me how her abilities work," Gon continues. "Alluka saved my life. I've seen Milumi make a deal with her. So if it's a deal she needs, I can make it."

Killua looks down at the dark green rug. "I've...thought about it. I know Alluka wouldn't have a problem doing it if it means bringing Milumi back."

"We can do it before the Hunters go too deep into their investigation and-" Gon begins.

"I wanted Alluka to forget about it." Killua whispers.

Gon looks at Killua in surprise and he sees Killua was holding his hands in front of him.

"I wanted Alluka to move on from her abilities and just try to live as normal as she could," Killua says softly. It was easy to hear the sadness in his voice.

After everything they had gone through, it was what Killua believed would be the best for Alluka. They, as well as their other siblings, didn't get normal childhoods. All he wanted was to protect Alluka and let her be happy.

Killua stands up, his eyes locking with Gon's once again. "But I know she could be stronger than any of us, and I know it's wrong of me to keep that from her."

Gon watches with wide eyes. "You'll make a deal with her?"

Killua smiles a little and his blue eyes shined with mystery. "I don't think I'll need to. There's still a lot you don't know about her."

Killua takes a deep breath before he hums.

"I'll ask her tonight."

Hello! I feel like this book is going extremely slow on updates and I'm sorry. I started school and it's been hectic. Anyways, I'll try to keep the updates coming. Thank you <3