16. An x Old x Ally

hehe biden won guys :)

    Milumi's breath is rapid as she struggles to run quickly with Qi on her back. Illumi follows right behind as the lights turn on and the shouts of many people fill the once silent air.

Milumi knew the citizens would be calling the Spiders. They were, in a way, the most powerful group in this city.

"You'll be okay, Qi," Milumi whispers as she feels Qi's extremely light breathing against her neck.

She had only felt guilt rush through her body once she realized what had happened.

Even if Qi was helping Mikashi, if he was really the reason behind all this, Milumi wouldn't let Qi die. He had been there for her and she wouldn't let him go.

Illumi glances at Milumi. He was surprised at how she managed to carry the man on her back. Milumi only stood at about five foot three or so, and she didn't have an extreme build.

Suddenly, a small line of thread pierces through the dangling hands of Qi and pulls him off Milumi's back.

"Shit," She mutters as she quickly stops to follow the line when she's stopped by another person settling before before her.

His dark eyes peeked through his black bangs and up at Milumi over his scarf.

"Hey, Feitan," Milumi smiles. "How's it going?"

"It had to be you," Phinks says as he emerges from a darkened corner with a scowl on his face.

"Aw come on," Milumi smiles as her eyes dart around in search of Qi. "I really didn't do anything."

By now, Feitan, Phinks, and Shizuku were present. Judging by the Nen thread, Machi had been the one to get Qi.

"Then why take him?" Phinks asks with crossed arms.

Milumi scowls. "I have my reasons that don't concern you."

Milumi's blood runs cold as she realizes Illumi was gone as well. He had been there before Qi was taken.

Was there a chance Machi had gotten him?

No, that wouldn't be possible. Milumi was sure Illumi wouldn't allow that to happen. Had he kept going to the airship and left her behind?

"Well, the boss heard you're in town." Phinks says. "He wants to talk with you."

Milumi blinks. "Are you just saying this so you can lure me away and kill me?"

"Not at all," Shizuku chimes in, her big eyes sparking behind her glasses. "After I patched up Machi, I don't think killing you would be too good."

"Why's that?" Milumi asks while tilting her head a little in question."

"The boss realized you're strong," Feitan speaks, his voice in its usual deep tone with what sounds like breaks between his words.

"How does he know this?" Milumi questions, her ears perked for any noise.

"Will you shut up and just come with us? You can ask him yourself." Phinks snaps.

Milumi sighs. "Fine. Lead the way."

Milumi walks beside Shizuku while Feitan walks to her other side and Phinks walks behind.

Dammit, Illumi. Where did you go?

"So~" Milumi smiles.

She didn't know where Illumi was and so being civil with these guys would be the best option as of now. On her own, there was no way she could take on the three of them as well as risk the chance of there being other members watching from afar.