10. The x Other x Spider

She's gotten away.

For now, at least. However, I know her. She had no one else to turn to. She'll come back no matter what. Those Hunters don't care about her.

***

Illumi glances in the rear view mirror to see Killua and Gon asleep, Gon's head resting on Killua's shoulder. His black hair was sticking into Killua's nose, but Killua didn't seem to care.

"I think it's adorable." Illumi looks at Milumi. She was also looking at the two from the passenger seat with a smile. She looks at Illumi with a grin. "Don't you?"

Illumi scoffs and focuses on the road once again.

They were now in the Republic of Padokea and headed to Kukuroo Mountain on a small dirt road leading to the Testing Gates.

"Be that way, then," Milumi sighs as she faces forward again as well. She mumbles, "I ship it."

"What?" Illumi asks.

"Nothing," Milumi smiles as she stretches. She winces just a little once a sharp pain shoots throughout her body. "I'm starving."

"How are you already acting like you're healed?" Illumi questions, his eyes flickering towards her for a second.

Milumi was now wearing a simple white shirt and black pants. They had gotten rid of the bloodied ones so there would be no questioning glances. She had bandages wrapped around her stomach and the back of her head. However, she was still spotted with dried blood in various places and would need a shower soon.

"Because I'm healing," Milumi smiles as she pulls off the bandages around her head to show her wound.

Illumi looks over and sees she was heaving quickly. The spot where he had stabbed her was now slowly pulling back together. The redness was beginning to fade and go back to the caramel color of her skin. There was still a slight bruise. "How?"

Milumi puts the bandages back over and runs her fingers through her hair. "I used my own knife."

"Your Nen," Illumi hums and Milumi nods as she looks back out the window to see they were zooming past trees, causing them to blur into green. "Did you use it on the back of your head too?"

"I did," Milumi nods.

The two of them go silent. The faint sound of the tires on the dirt fills the car along with Gon and Killua's light snoring.

"Thank you."

"Huh?" Illumi doesn't look at Milumi even though he heard her. He continues to keep his eyes on the road.

"For stabbing me," Milumi snickers a little. She doesn't look at him either. "It helped get me away."

"I could've done it regardless," Illumi says carelessly. Milumi rolls her eyes with a small smile.

Soon, they reach the gates.

Milumi shakes Gon and Killua awake. The groups steps out of the car to be greeted by Zebro.

The older mans eyes widen at the sight of Milumi at Illumi's side. The night they got Alluka away, Zebro had also helped Milumi by aiding a few of her smaller wounds before she ran off once again.

"Hello, Master Illumi," Zebro nods. "Young Master Killua, Master Milumi."

Milumi smiles and waves a little while Gon yawns loudly behind her and Killua stretches. "Hello, Zebro."

"We don't have time," Illumi says sternly as he turns to the gates.

"Let me," Milumi quickly says and rushes to the gates.

She takes a deep breath as she places her palms on the stone. It felt rough and cold beneath her skin.

"No. You're injured. Move." Illumi grabs Milumi by the shoulder and swiftly moves her away.

Milumi stumbles into Killua and glares at Illumi's back. "I can do it!"

"I said no. Get in the car and drive it in when it's open," Illumi orders.

"He won't listen," Killua sighs as he props his elbow on Milumi's shoulder and leans on her. He uses his other hand to block the sun from his eyes.

Milumi scoffs as she playfully pushes Killua off her and slips into the drivers seat of the car. She turns it on and waits for the opening.

Killua is right as Illumi pays her no mind and easily begins to push the door open. Gon's jaw practically falls into the dirt as he watches Illumi open up to the sixth door. Even the seventh cracks open a little.

"Hurry up." Illumi says and Milumi nods.

As she drives in, Milumi wonders to herself how strong Illumi actually is. Killua and Gon run beside the car before the doors shut.

"Bye Mr. Zebro!" Gon calls and waves as the doors close slowly. Zebro waves back to the group.

Illumi slips into the front seat with his arms crossed while Killua and Gon climb into the back.

"We're not going to the main house," Killua says, his eyes watching Illumi.

"I'm aware." Illumi nods. "We'll be going to the butlers quarters. We can only go so far by car."

"Alright." Milumi laughs as she puts the car into drive and they head off onto the small narrow road.

***

Kurapika is near silent as he places yet another container onto the shelf. His gaze looks over the growing number of eyes before he quickly looks away.

The blonde moves to sit on the chair before the shelf, his head bowing as he shuts his eyes.

Kurapika was successfully collecting the remaining eyes of the Kurta with much effort. He was going through dozens blacklist sellers and auctions as well as private sellings to get them.

His resolve has stayed the same all these years.

Kurapika runs his fingers through his blonde locks with frustration.

There have been several times where there would be the tiny thought in the back of his mind where he wished he could give up. But he knew that wouldn't be fair to his clan.

He was the only one left, and he would see this through.

Kurapika pulls his phone from his pocket and sees a text from Killua. The blondes eyes widen as he opens the phone and pulls up Killua's message. A strangled gasp leaves his throat.

Killua: I don't expect you to reply to this. That's expected by now. But if you do read this, there's a possibility there's another spider.

Kurapika leans back in his seat and looks up at the pale ceiling.

Another spider.

Kurapika's eyes clench shut.

Why?