Friend or Foe part 1/2

Link's POV
Valik, Mipha, and I walked on the bridges leading to Rito Village. "This is gonna be so exciting!" Valik exclaimed. "Liana's gonna be so jealous when I tell her how amazing this trip was." I looked up at the village ahead of us and started dreading it all. Revali isn't going to be glad to see me and with his attitude, I don't want to see him either. Mipha noticed my dread.

"Link," she said quietly, "it's going to be ok. Maybe Revali has come to senses."

"I doubt it," I sighed. "Why does he hate me so much? The first time he ever met me he hated me."

"Perhaps you two can figure that out once we get on our mission."

"Hey mom," Valik said curiously, "why did Zelda have you and dad go on this mission anyway?"

"Zelda needs some materials for her research. The materials are all the way up in the Hebra Mountains. She asked us to help Revali in retrieving those materials."

"I wish I could go!" We finally walked into the village and walked to the big landing to meet Revali. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. I noticed that he had a child rito with him as well. The child's feather patterns were like Revali's except it was more of a mint color.

"Mipha," Revali started, "it is nice to see you again."

"It is nice to see you as well, Revali," Mipha replied.

"I see that your son came along as well?"

"Yes. He won't be coming along our mission. Link and I just thought that it'd be good for him to see the world more."

"And I'm sure that was your idea."

"Uh, no," I began. "It was actually my idea. I believe that it is important that Valik starts seeing the world. It's part of his training."

"Taking the credit I see." Revali and I stared each other down, but then Mipha changed the subject.

"Hey," she said quickly, "who's this little one?"

"This little one right here is my son Kahliv." Kahliv shyly waved.

"Nice to meet you Kahliv!" Valik said, taking a step forward. "I'm Valik."

"Hi, Valik," Kahliv said more confidently. "Hey, can I show you around? I can show you my secret hiding place."

"That's sound so cool!"

"Let's go! See ya dad!"

"Bye mom, bye dad!" The two ran off down the stairs.

"It's nice to know that things are going well with you and Olika," Mipha smiled. "How is she doing?"

"Olika is well," Revali explained. "It's weird. She brought a side out of me that I never knew I had." And what was that? Kindness? If only she brought that out of him sooner. "I guess I should thank you two. If it weren't for your wedding, I wouldn't have met her."

"I'm glad that things worked out." There was a bit of silence and I just decided to break it.

"Well," I said, "let's get those materials for Zelda."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Valik's POV
Kahliv took me a bit outside of the village and led me to an area with a big tree with smaller trees around it. "Woah," I said amazed, "this so cool!"

"But it gets even better," Kahliv said excited. He pointed to a medium-sized rock. "This is where the hideout is."

"The rock?"