Lost

Link's POV
"Link," I felt someone shake me awake. "Link." It was Mipha, her voice was quiet and shaking in fear.

"It's the middle of night," I said groggy, sitting up.

"I know... but something doesn't feel right."

"What do you mean?"

"Did you see that male hylian earlier?"

"Yeah, what of him?"

"Something didn't feel right about him."

"Mipha," I put my hand on her shoulder, "if he was going to do anything, the guards would've seen it. They always keep a close eye on visitors." She nodded her head and clenched her hands together. "Hey, everything's fine."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

I started walking to the throne room because I had a meeting with Sidon and the guards. As I walked, Valik ran up to me. "Dad," Valik tugged on my shirt, "where's Liana?"

"Is she not with your mother?" I asked.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "I was gonna ask her but she looked really sad. I didn't want to bother her."

"Sad?" I looked up at the throne room and then back at Valik. Even though this meeting is important, I think that I should check on Mipha. It might have something to do with last night. "Um... I'll go talk to her. You keep looking for Liana, ok? Just don't go far."

"Ok!" He ran off down the stairs.

I went to the pools and found Mipha clenching the back railing with one hand and a paper with the other. I walked over to her. Tears flowed down her cheeks. "You were wrong," she said shakily. "Everything is not fine. Not even close! S-She's gone!"

"Mipha, what is-" Then the thought dawned on me. "Liana...?" She nodded her head and handed me the paper. I read it immediately.

You can have your daughter back for a ransom of 100,000 rupees. I will be waiting for your arrival at the peak of Mt. Lanayru. If you don't arrive within 48 hours, I'll make sure you never see your daughter again.

"N-No..." I said, my voice shaking with anger. "W-Why!"

"I-I didn't tell you..." Mipha said quietly, "but that hylian kept looking at Valik and Liana."

I slammed my hands on the railing, "How could we let a hylian leave here with our child?! How did the guards not see him?!"

"Link, we need to do something. Now."

"100,000 rupees! Where are we gonna get that money? Even we don't have that!"

"My father should... let's go!" We quickly ran to the throne room. Sidon, the guards, and King Dorephan were all in there. "Father! Please, you have to help!"

"What's wrong, Mipha?" King Dorephan asked urgently. Mipha and I told them the situation that we were in. "100,000 rupees?"

"Yes," I nodded. "I'm afraid that Mipha and I don't have that money right now."

"By all means, let me help! This is my granddaughter after all! It's just... we'd have to take that money from our treasury."

"Father," Sidon stepped forward, "I have an idea. We can just pretend that we're giving him the rupees. Then we just quickly take him and lock him up. Our treasury wouldn't have to suffer, Liana would be back, and that hylian would be in prison."

"Excellent idea Sidon! I'll have Muzu retrieve the rupees immediately."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.