Stories From The Past

Mipha's POV
"But I don't wanna go to bed!" Liana yawned. "I wanna hear another story."

"Yeah," Valik nodded. Link and I smiled at each other.

"Alright," I said sitting down on Link's bed. "Just one more." Liana climbed onto my lap and eagerly smiled and Link. Valik sat on the ground.

"What story do you two want to hear?" Link asked, sitting down next to me.

"Tell us a story that you haven't told us before," Valik suggested. "Like a story from when you and mom were kids!"

"Hmm," Link looked at me, "any good stories?"

"Oh, how about that one time with the slides," I suggested.

"Oh yeah," Link laughed. "That's a good one. Let's see... my father took me to the domain so that I could hang out with Mipha and our other friends."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

*flashback*
Younger Mipha POV
"Link!" I called out. "Where are- AHHH!" Link popped out from behind a crate.

"Scared you again!" He laughed.

"You're such an idiot," I scoffed. "I'll get you back!"

"Whatever."

"Linny!" Kodah ran up to us. "There you are!"

"It's Link!" Gaddison, Bazz, and Rivan ran up to us. Link smiled at them.

"Link," Rivan started excitedly, "Gaddison just had the best idea ever!"

"Yeah!" Bazz chimed. "She said that we should slide down the water ramps."

"That sounds fun!" Kodah jumped. "Let's go do it right now!"

"Yeah," Link agreed. I looked at the water ramps and then back at the throne room. Father wouldn't be happy if we slid down the ramps.

"Um," I started nervously, "I don't think that we should do that. My father wouldn't like it."

"Well," Bazz shrugged, "he wouldn't like you doing it. You know, since you're the princess and all."

"I-I guess your right. You all just go ahead."

"Are you sure?" Gaddison asked. "Because we can do something else."

"It's fine. I don't want to keep you all from having fun."

"Alright," Rivan shrugged. "You're welcome to join if you want." The four left, but Link stayed next to me.

"Link, aren't you going with them?"

"It's not really fair if you don't get to have fun with us," he explained. "How about you do it one time? Then we can try something else if you really don't want to do it."

I looked up at the throne room and then shyly smiled at him, "I guess."

"Great! Let's go!" We caught up to the others and walked up to one of the tallest water ramp areas.

"So who's gonna go first?" Gaddison asked.

"I say that we go in pairs," Bazz declared.

"I call going with Bazz!" Rivan said quickly. "Let's go Bazz! Woo!" The two slid down the ramps. We watched as they made it all the way to the plaza. "Come on guys!"

"Who's going with who?" I asked.

"I have an idea!" Kodah smiled. She pulled my arm over to her so that we both stood in front of Link. "Linny, who do you choose? Me or Mipha?"

"Huh?" I said confused. "Kodah, it doesn't matter who he chooses!"

"Yeah it does!" Gaddison snickered behind me.

"I choose..." Link started, "Mipha!"

"M-Me?" I stammered. He grabbed my hand and we both slid down the ramp laughing. We eventually landed at the plaza.

"Wasn't that fun?"

"Yeah!"

"Here we come!" Gaddison called out to us. Link and I moved back and watched as her and Kodah slid down.

"Woo!" Gaddison laughed. "Let's do that again guys!"

"Choosing Mipha over me, Link?" Kodah said sarcastically. "I see how it is."

"Hey," Link said shyly, "it's not what you think Kodah!" The rest of us giggled.

"Whatever. Let's go again, but this time by ourselves!" We made it all the way back to the top. We decided that Link should go first this time. I thought back to how he scared me earlier today. I may not be able to scare him back, but I can still surprise him.

"I think that I'll try to go down backwards this time," Link thought out loud. He turned around to us. "What do you think?"

"I think," I walked up to him, "that's a great idea!" I pushed him back. He fell down and started sliding down.

"Hey, Miiiippphhhaaaa!" We all laughed at his reaction.

"Nice one, Mipha!" Bazz laughed. We looked back down at Link and he finally slid to the plaza. He immediately got up and ran back up to us.

"Hey," Rivan folded his arms, "you're supposed to wait-"

"Now it's your turn, Mipha!" Link said mischievously.

"No!" I laughed. He pushed me down the ramp, but then slipped. Now we were both sliding down the ramp! "You slipped!"

"That wasn't part of the plan!" He laughed. We made it down to the plaza and both stood up. "Trust me, I'll get you back for that."

"You can try, but I bet that you'll fail like you did this time." The others made it down and started laughing at how Link failed to fully get his revenge.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

*end of flashback*
Mipha's POV
Valik laughed, "That sounds like so much fun! Mom, did you ever get in trouble?"

"A little bit," I giggled. "but the fun was worth it."

"Can we do that tomorrow?" Liana pleaded.

"You two can do that tomorrow," Link smiled, "if you go to bed."

Liana gasped and dropped down from my lap, "Vawik, wet's go to bed!" Her and Valik ran off to their pools. Link and I chuckled.

"I still haven't gotten you back for that haven't I?" Link asked.

"I don't think so," I giggled.

"Then you better stay on your guard."

"Just don't slip up this time." We both quietly laughed.

___________

Fun fact: Bazz, Gaddison, Rivan, and Kodah both said in the game how they used to play with Mipha and Link when they were younger.