The Zora Gala

Link's POV
Today is the Zora Gala. It happens once every year to celebrate a very special couple who lived thousands of years ago. There is a special waltz as well that was created to commemorate the wonderful couple. Every year I'm excited for this because it is one of very few days where Mipha and I can just be with each other without any interruptions or responsibilities.

I carefully put on my zora armor and greaves. I then started walking around; seeing all of the final touches on the decorations. As I looked up at the luminous garlands being set up, I noticed Mipha at the balcony. She was wearing a beautiful luminous necklace as well as a maroon laced garb.

I walked up the stairs and headed towards her quietly. I then purposely, and suddenly, put my hands on her shoulders to scare her. She gasped and looked at me, "Oh my—Link!"

I gave a small chuckle, "Sorry, I had to." She then smiled and rested her hand on my shoulder.

"I must say, you are looking quite handsome."

"And I must say, you are looking very beautiful. Stunning, in fact."

About an hour later, preparations were finally complete and it was time to start the gala. Then a bit later, it was finally time for the dance that every couple was aching for.

The waltz commenced and everyone danced around the plaza. As we danced, I couldn't help but remember many of the fond memories that I had at the Galas when I was younger. "This Gala is bringing back many fond memories," I smiled.

"Me too," Mipha giggled. "Which one is your favorite?"

"Well if I had to pick one..."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

*flashback*
Younger Link's POV
This Gala is so fun! I wonder why Mipha isn't here? She is the princess after all, she should be here.

I walked around and saw four young male zoras about Mipha's age huddled in a corner. I walked over out of curiosity. "What're you guys doing?" I asked.

The dark blue zora stepped forward, "We're trying to figure out how to ask Mipha to the dance."

"Mipha? Well I can tell you how! I am her friend after all."

"Oh thank you!" A dark green one exclaimed. "Please tell us!"

"Well first..." I have to really think about this. I know Mipha pretty well, but even I don't really know how she likes to be asked out to a dance. I guess I could ask her, but I don't know where she is right now. "Uh... well Mipha is super nice so she's probably going to say yes anyway. But be nice about it! If you're too overwhelming or awkward she'll probably try to say no. So let's go find her and see how you all do!" The guys looked nervous all of a sudden. "What? Don't tell me that you're scared!" The dark blue one pointed behind me and I turned around. Mipha was standing right there! I jumped back a bit. "Mipha, don't sneak up on me like that! Uh, how long were you standing there?"

She giggled, "Sorry, Link. I just got here. Uh, what are you doing?" She peered over to the others.

"Uh, nothing. Anyway, uh..." I looked at them and slightly gestured to Mipha. Why weren't they making a move? One of them slightly shook their head. I rolled my eyes and nudged the dark blue one to Mipha. "Go on," I whispered.

"U-Um—I—Uh—Hi..." he stumbled over his words. I facepalmed and shook my head.

"Uh, hi?" Mipha said confused.

"I-I'm nice. Just thought that you should know."

"O-Ok. That's good to know."

"...Dance?"

"Uh... dance? Oh the dance! W-What about it?" Mipha obviously knew what this guy meant. She's trying to say no. At least she's letting him down easy. I better save the guy the embarrassment.

"Hey," I got in between them., "my man I got something to tell you! That includes you guys too!" I brought them away from Mipha. "What was that?" I whispered. "You have to be confident! If you want to dance with her, talk to her like a friend, not a princess. Here, I'll be the example." I casually walked over to Mipha. She looked at me confused.

"Link, what's going on?"

"Isn't it obvious? The Gala."

"I didn't mean it that way," she slightly laughed.

"I know. But anyway, we should go to the dance!"

"T-Together?"

"Y-Yeah..." I just realized what I got myself into. I don't know if I should be excited or nervous. Maybe both.

"I-I would-"

"There's Link!" We looked over and a group of young female zoras ran towards us. One of them went right up to me.

"Will you go to the dance with me?" She asked excitedly.

"No me!" Another one chimed.

"No! I'm the better dancer!" Another one countered.

I felt myself blush a bit. Why me of all people here? "Uh—I," I stammered, trying to get ahold of the situation. "Well I... uuhhh.... I'd love to go, but-"

"OH THANK YOU!" They all exclaimed.

"N-No wait!" They then started pushing me over to the plaza. I stopped. "Wait you all misheard me I-"

One of them gasped, "You'll dance with all of us?!"

"Huh? I did-" The girls then looked at each other astonished.

"Oh my gosh! I get to dance with Link!" They all squealed.

I groaned and facepalmed. They dragged me to the plaza and I danced with each of them unwillingly. I don't even know who these girls are!

As we danced, it got to the point where the girls switch off to a different partner. I twirled the girl I was dancing with to the zora next to me. I prepared myself for the next girl and then Mipha spun over to me. It caught me off guard. "M-Mipha," I said surprised. "Uh, sorry about earlier. Those guys wanted to dance with you and I was trying to show them how to ask you, but then those girls came."

"It's fine," she smiled, "I danced with them anyway. A bit awkward though. By the way, I was going to say yes to your offer before those girls came around. Did you have fun?"

"Not really. At least I'm done with them now."

"Now you know what it is like to be the center of attention all the time," she giggled.

"Yeah! I don't know how you do it."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

*end of flashback*
Link's POV
"That one is your favorite?" Mipha giggled.

"Well, one of my favorites," I shrugged. "That was the first time that I figured out about the Link Fan Club. Flattering but also terrifying."

"If you weren't so kind and handsome, you wouldn't have had to worry about it."

I lightly laughed, "Unfortunately, that is out of my control. It's not my fault that I was born this way."

"Such a miserable life." We both lightly chuckled.